malibu plug change

hey tcg, my older bro asked me to do a little tune up on his 2005 malibu cuz its been rough to start up a couple times and he said its studdering at idle. I was thinking of just changin the plugs, wires, fuel filter ,and air filter and seeing if that does it(even if it doesnt fix his problem im sure its desperately needed). anyway i looked under the hood the other day and theres 3 plugs onthe the back of the motor, it seems like a bitch to get too. anyone have any tips/tricks to gettin to these? it seems nearly impossible to get a wrench and my hand back there. any help would be cool

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
You guys, its not like the W body, doesnt have dog bone mounts on the front. It has a 3500 motor (like the 3400 motor in other n-bodies). In short, there is no easy way to get back there. They are not bad to do at all though. You need to feel around a bit for them. I used to kneel on the radiator support or the intake manifold some times.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
You guys, its not like the W body, doesnt have dog bone mounts on the front. It has a 3500 motor (like the 3400 motor in other n-bodies). In short, there is no easy way to get back there. They are not bad to do at all though. You need to feel around a bit for them. I used to kneel on the radiator support or the intake manifold some times.

this

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info