Questions

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Jul 20, 2007
Couple of questions since I am new to the GTP stuff.

When I got the car from Ryan he mentioned that sometimes the ignition will 'stick' I guess for lack of a better term. When I turn off the key, it doesn't want to turn off all the way. I have to stick something in the whole below it to get it to release all the way. Ryan said this is some button that sticks. However, it has started happening about every other time I drive the car. Is this a common issue? Is there anything I can do to stop this?

Next, I belive my washer fluid pump stopped working. It worked one day, then the next I got no fluild comin out. Again, common issue? I haven't had a chance to look for the pump to smack it with something and see if it fixed the issue. And yes, it has fluid in the tank.

Last, I noticed I have a small, occasional leak on the front side of the motor. I only notice it when I'm leaving home, so I never see it wet to check out what it is. However, my low coolant light has come on a few times. I am wondering if this is related. Again, have not had time to get under the car and poke around. Water pump perhaps? I'm not sure what temp the car should be running at, but it never seems to get too hot. :dunno:

thanks in advance

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
Couple of questions since I am new to the GTP stuff.

When I got the car from Ryan he mentioned that sometimes the ignition will 'stick' I guess for lack of a better term. When I turn off the key, it doesn't want to turn off all the way. I have to stick something in the whole below it to get it to release all the way. Ryan said this is some button that sticks. However, it has started happening about every other time I drive the car. Is this a common issue? Is there anything I can do to stop this?

Next, I belive my washer fluid pump stopped working. It worked one day, then the next I got no fluild comin out. Again, common issue? I haven't had a chance to look for the pump to smack it with something and see if it fixed the issue. And yes, it has fluid in the tank.

Last, I noticed I have a small, occasional leak on the front side of the motor. I only notice it when I'm leaving home, so I never see it wet to check out what it is. However, my low coolant light has come on a few times. I am wondering if this is related. Again, have not had time to get under the car and poke around. Water pump perhaps? I'm not sure what temp the car should be running at, but it never seems to get too hot. :dunno:

thanks in advance

Alrighty since My dad has an 02 GTP also ill try to help u out as much as I can. The whole ign thing im guessing ur talking about the key part? if so there isnt much you can just do to make it magically be ok, best bet is go to GM and purchase and ign lock cylinder. This is what the key goes into.

On the washer issue..... I dont know sounds electrical or bad motor.

As for ur coolant issue...... if the lower intake gaskets have not been done. Then thats 98 percent of coolant leaks in grand prixs.

Ur coolant light issue.... there is a TSB about there being a prob with wiring rubbing on the trans during motor flex which causes the light to come on when ur really not low. My dads is on and I cannot get it to go off. Sometimes its just a bad sensor which is located in the upper left portion of radiator. Sometimes gunk just gets in there. Check that out first wiggle some wires and see what u yield.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• SinisterSHO
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list