Stripping/Re-Painting Calipers

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
Okay so I've painted calipers before you clean the shit out of them etc. and paint them but my question is more for people who have done this with previous paint being on them.

If you know Evo's then you know 03-05 Evo's had a nasty problem with fading/peeling calipers they turn into a pinkish color and flake, well the previous owner just painted RED paint over that factory color and its peeled/flaked and looks like shit.

What can I strip down the calipers with or should I just clean them sand them up and paint over the existing paint? Thoughts/ideas or just pay the $ to get them powdercoated.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
afrpce03a_Caddy_details.jpg

the bottom left one does a good job at takin paint off. You can get them at any auto parts store.

Remember youll most likely have to rebuild them after PC'ing them so factor in the $$ for that.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I just re painted the ones on my truck, and they are holding up well so far. I used a wire brush on a die grinder to get as much paint off as I could. Scrubbed them down with brake cleaner after that then just painted them again.

A ton of the trailblazer guys have used this kit before, and have nothing but good things to say about it. Supposed to be a ton more durable than the rattle can stuff.
http://www.g2usa.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=g2usa&Product_Code=G2

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
I just re painted the ones on my truck, and they are holding up well so far. I used a wire brush on a die grinder to get as much paint off as I could. Scrubbed them down with brake cleaner after that then just painted them again.

A ton of the trailblazer guys have used this kit before, and have nothing but good things to say about it. Supposed to be a ton more durable than the rattle can stuff.
http://www.g2usa.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=g2usa&Product_Code=G2

Nice this is what im talking about, you can't see any brush marks on yours can you? Im unsure what color im going to do yet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info