Integra FTL

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
drivin home from byron after messin with dasfinc for a bit, i lost long story short, anywho bout 10 miles after that car shuts off and wont start, pull over car is pissin coolant, check the radiator and shes empty. my best guess is my head gasket is gone, which pisses me the fuck off as the car ran great all day. im really having the worst luck with cars lately, but of course the pacer fires right up after sittin for 2 months and runs great all the way home. the integra is sittin just outside of mendota if anyone wants to pick it up lol.

/rant

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
drivin home from byron after messin with dasfinc for a bit, i lost long story short, anywho bout 10 miles after that car shuts off and wont start, pull over car is pissin coolant, check the radiator and shes empty. my best guess is my head gasket is gone, which pisses me the fuck off as the car ran great all day. im really having the worst luck with cars lately, but of course the pacer fires right up after sittin for 2 months and runs great all the way home. the integra is sittin just outside of mendota if anyone wants to pick it up lol.

/rant

It is VERY unusual for B18's to pitch heads under normal circumstances.

Did it overheat when it shut off? or was it just random?

I've seen 2 or 3 integras with radiators going bad (not uncommon), or maybe a piece of debri flung up from your dragging plastic and damaged the rad or a hose?

Do you want to sell it suddenly? *Raises eyebrows* or you getting it towed, etc, I PM'ed you my number again, hit me back!

Runtz52

Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
It is VERY unusual for B18's to pitch heads under normal circumstances.

Did it overheat when it shut off? or was it just random?

I've seen 2 or 3 integras with radiators going bad (not uncommon), or maybe a piece of debri flung up from your dragging plastic and damaged the rad or a hose?

Do you want to sell it suddenly? *Raises eyebrows* or you getting it towed, etc, I PM'ed you my number again, hit me back!

temp gauge was just a lil bit under half way where it normally sits and it didnt shoot up up, the car just died, the radiator in it looks almost new, got the car towed today, but considering selling it after i fix it

Runtz52

Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
well heres ur problem....

IMG_2835.jpg

IMG_2837.jpg

IMG_2836.jpg

my guess is the water pump seized, which would explain all the coolant, and then took the timing belt out with it

Runtz52

Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
:doh:
5 spds are more likely to bend valves when a timing belt breaks.
do you plan to put a new belt on and w/p?

im gonna pull the head and see how it looks in there, but ironically dasfincs old coupe got rearended last week, and the guy is sellin the motor, the same one thats in my car right now for $450, so i think im just gonna swap the motor

Runtz52

Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
my buddy has a bunch of ls stuff sitting in this garage since he decided to stay d series:squirts: post up if ya need anything and ill check inventory

got any good luck laying around lol. im waiting for dasfinc to get back to me about that motor, u wouldnt happen to have and motor mount inserts or good shifter bushings laying around would u, for a b series obviously

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info