Pulled wire from connector, fixable?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I'm guessing I'll just have to buy a new connector but wanted to see if there are any other suggestions. This is the alternator wire that pulled out of my brother's 2000 Cavalier when I dropped the alternator with connector plugged in.

:picard:

mms_picture7.jpg

JDHedman

" The Remote Start Guy "
Jun 5, 2009
Algonquin
Gonna see if I can pull the brass terminal out and re-crimp it, and put it back in.

you can do this, or just get a replacement and solder it up. I recently repined a dash gauge plug for a buddy, only took like an hour to do all them. you can get a pin puller or just grind down a pick . just be careful not to brake the retainer on the pin as they are very thin

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
You can definitely take the connector apart and fix it. I've done that same thing on my own car...

Just pull the connector apart, pull out the pin (you'll need a safety pin or something similar to unlock the pin's clip from the plastic connector housing), then just solder it back up and reverse.

:bigthumb:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
You can definitely take the connector apart and fix it. I've done that same thing on my own car...

Just pull the connector apart, pull out the pin (you'll need a safety pin or something similar to unlock the pin's clip from the plastic connector housing), then just solder it back up and reverse.

:bigthumb:
This.

Had to do it to my evap wires when they ripped out. I just soldered them back to the metal terminal and popped it back in the plug.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info