Important Announcement from GM

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I got this in an e-mail today from GM:

Dear Mark,

We value and appreciate your loyalty more than anything. We are proud to announce we have repaid our government loan – in full, with interest, five years ahead of the original schedule. We realize we still have more to do. Our goal is to exceed every expectation you've set for us. We're designing, building and selling the best cars and trucks in the world. Like the award-winning Chevy Malibu, the all-new Buick LaCrosse, the versatile Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon and the innovative GMC Terrain, just to name a few. As we move into the future, we're thankful to have loyal owners like you. We invite you to learn more about the new GM and join our community, by visiting gm.com. And once again, thank you for your support.

Susan E. Docherty
Vice President, U.S. Marketing

Did anyone else hear about this on the news???

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
you should reply back with

"Dear Susan,

You sound like a savy business woman. You probably make good money too. I'm looking for a successful female to hook with and take care of me. I'm fairly low maintenance, go to the gym on a regular basis, and I think I'm good looking as well.

I live alone and do not have any pets. I also do not have any illegitimate kids and am STD free. I do not take any types of erectile disfunction pills, so you wont have to worry about me crying when we try to have relations.

Pictures can be sent on request. I hope you're brunette, 110lbs with nice round C cups. I will accept nothing less.

Look forward to hearing from you.

XOXO,
Mark Bruzek.

P.S.
I shave my balls."

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
you should reply back with

"Dear Susan,

You sound like a savy business woman. You probably make good money too. I'm looking for a successful female to hook with and take care of me. I'm fairly low maintenance, go to the gym on a regular basis, and I think I'm good looking as well.

I live alone and do not have any pets. I also do not have any illegitimate kids and am STD free. I do not take any types of erectile disfunction pills, so you wont have to worry about me crying when we try to have relations.

Pictures can be sent on request. I hope you're brunette, 110lbs with nice round C cups. I will accept nothing less.

Look forward to hearing from you.

XOXO,
Mark Bruzek.

P.S.
I shave my balls."

:bowdown::rofl::bowdown::rofl::bowdown:

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Ive seen the commercial with the GM CEO like 50 times too. Its the same exact thing in the letter, except he says in the beginning "I realize some of you didnt agree with GM getting bailed out, quite frankly, I respect that." or something along those lines.

Sorry GM, I did not agree.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Nope, I saw it on the news online a few days ago. Kudos to GM!

What's the kudos for? GM didn't pay back the money because of operating revenue....ie selling cars at a profit.

"On Tuesday of this week, the Special Inspector General for TARP, Neil Barofsky testified before the Senate Finance Committee saying the funds GM is using to repay its TARP debt are not coming from GM earnings. Instead, GM seems to be using TARP funds from an escrow account at Treasury to make the debt repayments, he said."

andcbii

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2008
What's the kudos for? GM didn't pay back the money because of operating revenue....ie selling cars at a profit.

"On Tuesday of this week, the Special Inspector General for TARP, Neil Barofsky testified before the Senate Finance Committee saying the funds GM is using to repay its TARP debt are not coming from GM earnings. Instead, GM seems to be using TARP funds from an escrow account at Treasury to make the debt repayments, he said."

I think they still have to payback the $50 billion bridge loan too.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I can see a couple sides to this.

Side 1 - GM is making it look like they're doing so well that they're paying down the debt with profit.

Side 2 - GM is giving back money that was lent to them because they don't need it anymore as they're becoming more profitable.

Either way it sounds good, but it's all a matter of presenting from where the payback money is coming. Is it income or the loan money that they don't need anymore?

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I can see a couple sides to this.

Side 1 - GM is making it look like they're doing so well that they're paying down the debt with profit.

Side 2 - GM is giving back money that was lent to them because they don't need it anymore as they're becoming more profitable.

Either way it sounds good, but it's all a matter of presenting from where the payback money is coming. Is it income or the loan money that they don't need anymore?

Read the article that I posted above. You hit the nail on the head....This is marketing/PR. I do this for a living and it's making people believe GM is on its way forward, but as a taxpayer it pisses me off!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info