First bike, yes or no?

Tuner World

The tech kid!!
Mar 8, 2009
Hoffman Estates
It's a 1985 Suzuki 450 6 speed with 12000 miles. It was in pretty decent shape and rode pretty smooth. It needs a little carb adjusting but my uncle is a bike wiz so he'd take care of that for me. He's asking 850. Just did recent tune up, front pads, oil, plugs. Tires wouldn't be a bad idea to do but I'll see. What do you guys think? (Sorry I only have one pic)

24902_1315170276405_1145130297_30812071_6824904_n.jpg

All I need now is a leather jacket and I can pull off that fonz look lol

Cool features about the bike is that it shows you every gear you're in, shows if your kickstand is up, fuel gauge, RPM and speedo. Turn signals with indicator in cluster, and couple other nice touches that were pretty cool

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
I think you would look cooler with a feather boa vs the leather jacket.

Guarantee you will get more attention from the ladies that way.

As for a first bike, cheap is best. You won't cry as much when you do something stupid and drop it (it will happen). My first bike was a 750 Katana, I spent two weeks painting it to match my truck, also cleaning, polishing, yadda yadda.

I dropped it a few blocks from my house the very first time I took it out. Hit gravel on a road that was just ground down....I freaked and grabbed a fistfull of throttle. Walked the bike home, taped the mirror back on and went back out. I rode the bike a good six months, then I bought a nice one.

Yeah, you'll get razzed from other bikers in fun...but doesn't matter what you ride as long as your riding. Have fun with it, learn to be a good rider, then move on to a nice ride.

LIGHTNING MIKE

Jun 15, 2009
It's a 1985 Suzuki 450 6 speed with 12000 miles. It was in pretty decent shape and rode pretty smooth. It needs a little carb adjusting but my uncle is a bike wiz so he'd take care of that for me. He's asking 850. Just did recent tune up, front pads, oil, plugs. Tires wouldn't be a bad idea to do but I'll see. What do you guys think? (Sorry I only have one pic)

All I need now is a leather jacket and I can pull off that fonz look lol

Cool features about the bike is that it shows you every gear you're in, shows if your kickstand is up, fuel gauge, RPM and speedo. Turn signals with indicator in cluster, and couple other nice touches that were pretty cool

you buy the bike or what?

Sinister

Oct 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Real Name
Justin
$15K for a first bike...do you live at home and work full time, are you 30 or are your parents wealthy? ;)

:drama:

Ha ha!!!! Actually, it was around $19k OTD. I am 26, have been out of my parents house since I was 18. My parents are not wealthy. I currently live with my wife and both of us work full time salary jobs. She got to buy her Infiniti FX35 and I got the bike. Dual incomes are nice! :fy:

I'll post some new pics of the bike soon. I put air ride on it over the winter and just had some powder coating done.

I think a first bike is really at the discretion of the person buying/riding it. I had never been on a motorcycle before and I bought the Harley 2 months before I got into the MSF course. I did, however, have a lot of confidence in my ability to ride. To each their own.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info