Jeep CJ7 seats

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Figured id get the TCGs thoughts on the seat setup for my CJ.

I ran across a local guy parting his CJ7 out and noticed he replaced both the front seats with a full bench(blowjob) seat, like how the rear seats come(but wider).He mounted the bench across the two stock seat brackets to support it with a small support in the middle. Im thinking this might not be a bad idea seeing as i dont want anyone sitting in the back. There is no center console(there was but it was made of wood and is now removed).
It is stick, but the shifter clears where the bench seat should be.
The back seats are completly gone and it has the two OEM seats in the front as it sits.
The stock seats are not very comfortable and would need seat covers no matter what.
I have a bench seat thats been sitting in the shops attic that has more cushion but im not 100% sold on the look yet. The bench would need a cover as well seeing as its blue and white out of some 50's or 60's ford car/truck.
I dont have pictures of the bench seat swap in the guys jeep, camera wasnt with me.

Cliffs- keep the two OEM front seats or swap in a bench so It would be a little more comfortable and i can fit 1 more small person if needed.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
I wont be cutting or moding the seat brackets. I might consider getting a spare passenger side bracket(the only OEM side that moves to get people into the backseat) and mount it on the drivers side.This way if I swap in the bench I can move the whole bench straight up and forward if i need to get under the seats or load something odd shaped.
I was guessing most would say keep the stock seats, but the bench idea is growing on me

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Sinister Drag Designs
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list