Carb jet reccommendations needed for 383

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
What jets would you use for a 383 w/a mild cam, heads w/valve job, DOMINATOR intake, stock rockers (for now), headers, dual exhaust dumped before the rear.

Its my buddies car, he has a 750cfm double pumper holley on it and it had 65# primaries and 76# secondaries. It is waaaaaaaaay to much fuel for it. we swapped in some what looked to be stockers (had 512 on it and the ports were small) for the primaries and put the 65# as the secondaries. Just trying to get some ideas.

also i just put it on but it isn't getting any fuel now, its not squirting out.. Any ideas on that? :picard:

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
512 is too small. If I recall the 750 DP's came with 70 primary and 78 secondary.

When tuning the jets, You should always keep the secondaries about 8 more than the primaries. So if the primary's are 65, you should have a 73 for the secondaries. Which could be why it's running rich.

The number on the jets are their size. a "512" is a .0512 jet.

If it's not squirting fuel it could be the accellerator pump/ power valve is blown out or the float is stuck. It could have happened when you swapped the jets.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Smokinhot
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list