Hail repair

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
Ok I would like to say that thankfully my GTP has prevailed the hail storm last night. There are a few dings but nothing serious. The hood is fine! :eek3:
Yeah the hail was BAD in Streamwood.

Anyway, my buddys accord (DD) has been rocked. The whole car looks like a golf ball. Its bad. Not to mention, my other buddy who lives down the street has a TBSS. His hood is also severely damaged. Other than the last restort of claiming it on the insurance, what options are their?

Ive searched and found the most people say that leaving the car baking in the sun will take out a good percentage of the dings. While this may be true I think there is a better way. I don't think dry ice will take these small dings out. Any ideas?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
You heat up the dent and stick something cold on it and it's supposed to pop out. However, this is for people that know their shit, someone with a perfect hand or the pain job is toast. My advice is taking it to a ding shop and see how much to pop the dents out.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Do not touch the car yourself and take it to a PDR guy.......Dry ice and the heat trick do no work. 2 years ago we had a really bad hail storm where I live and I work in a bodyshop. All the import cars were fucked and had huge dents in them to the point the that PDR guys cound not fix them, the American cars had less damage done to them. It goes to show once again the imports are made cheaper and have horrible sheet metal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info