Passengers?

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
Does having alot of passengers weigh the car down quite a bit? I almost got taken by a stock 99 altima tonight. I pulled on him eventually but not till like 70 and we went from about a 45 or 50. Those things made 155 at the crank...vs my topswap setup...I'm confused lol. I did have 5 passengers though, and an extra rim/tire in the trunk. I figured that's why but just making sure. He only had 1 person in the car.

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
Every 100 lbs is a tenth of a second off your time. So if you had 5 hooters girls in the car your car is now .5 seconds slower. If you had 5 average guys in the car at 150 lbs each, that would make the car .85 seconds slower. That is the difference between having a 14.0 second car and a 14.9 second car.

FYI ~ the reverse is also true. Remove the passenger seat, rear seat, spare tire, etc. and reduce the total weight before running down the strip makes the car faster.

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
It was one twig size chick in the passenger seat, a normal guy, a normal chick, and a semi-overweight guy in the back. Still kinda agree with panda though. It was pulling hard as fuck in the morning when I took it for a drive after switching to open cone, but last night it wasn't doin it. I'll look at it in a few. And yeah panda there is some major issue with my car but I didn't think it would affect performance.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
I was thinkin more like 280...I know I'm not makin 310. There were 2 altima engines one made 155 and one made 140, pretty sure his is the 140 it's the base model.

The only engine offered in the altima was the KA24DE from 1993-2001. The second gens had 155HP/160TQ and are like high 16s cars. A better/more fair race I think would be a 3rd-4th gen altima with the VQ35.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info