SP Dyno Results: 350Z Greddy TT with ProEFI and E85!!! VIDEO INSIDE

Reid@SP

www.spracingonline.com
Apr 12, 2009
Dekalb, IL
We just finished up a car today for a customer from New York. He flew in and we picked him up from the airport for the final tuning on his car.

Here are a couple specs:

SP Built bottom end
Brian Crower Stage 3 272 cams
Greddy Twin Turbo kit with 20G internals in 18G housings
ProEFI 128 Standalone
Flex Fuel E85 setup
1200cc Injector Fuel system
Greddy Exhaust

On 93oct pump gas, the car put down 581whp and 573wtq @ 18psi.

On E85, the car put down 686whp and 696wtq @ 25psi.

VIDEO!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e1IeAdw9QM

Reid

BoostedK20

Cool story bro, I make dinosaurs.
Feb 16, 2010
That motor is a ticking time bomb after 400whp. The good news is, a set of pistons and rods will get it to 900whp no problem without sleeving. Sleeving is good to 1200ish.

Reid

ahh i thought 500hp w/that kit "stockish" was normal. thanks for clearing that up for me!

sooo my next question is....why was it only tuned on e85 for roughly a hundo more hp over 93? <-that is the daily flex fuel tune & a balls out tune is in store?? *crossing fingers* i wanna sell what this bad boy can do!!

Reid@SP

www.spracingonline.com
Apr 12, 2009
Dekalb, IL
ahh i thought 500hp w/that kit "stockish" was normal. thanks for clearing that up for me!

sooo my next question is....why was it only tuned on e85 for roughly a hundo more hp over 93? <-that is the daily flex fuel tune & a balls out tune is in store?? *crossing fingers* i wanna sell what this bad boy can do!!

For this particular customer, the E85 tune was the "balls out" tune. The customer went through hell and back trying to get this thing together since 2007 and he wanted a reliable tune. That and the turbos were basically cashed out at 25psi. I particularly do not like Greddy (Mitsu) turbos because they are old school in design and do not operate well at higher boost levels and it showed here. If this were a Precision Billet turbo, these numbers could have easily been close to 800whp and have been efficient at ~30psi.

gotcha

does the aps kit yield more power or about the same??

It depends on which APS kit you are reffering to. If you mean the standard kit, then yes it will probably yield similar numbers at the same boost level (around 25 psi). If you mean the APS Extreme kit with the twin GT30's, than I would expect it to be a bit better and hit upper 700s on full kill.

Reid

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info