Buying a new daily. BMW 330ci vs G35 coupe

Bones

Don't call me late for dinner!!!
Dec 29, 2009
Nw Burbs
The time has come I have to sell my Camaro SS. Thought it was going to be for a vette but nope. I've been accepted into ISP's intership program and it's way the fuck out there. No way will I turn the program down, this is what I want to do ultimately, so I have to adapt.

So I'll be out in Sterling, IL which I'll have to live out there for 3 months. So the SS is getting sold or traded in within the next month for a BMW or G35/350Z.

I really like bimmers in general and I was considering a 330ci, I want a coupe along with the sports package if I get that car. Thinking like a 2003 or 2004 pre-owned maybe around 50-60K on the clock.

The other option is a G35 coupe, m6 as well. I hate autos so there's no way I'm getting an automatic. What would be the better car for all year round. This is going to be my daily driver. Then some day I'll get my Z06. :(

But in all seriousness what car would be easier to work on if something happened, are parts about the same in price? I don't have a problem doing my own maintenance. Just wanted some opinions before I made any final decisions.

Bones

Dec 29, 2009
Nw Burbs
Yeah good deal guys. I'm definitely going to get a 330i definitely want a 6spd manual as well. I notice some have an M package.

I would LOVE a 335i as well, but yep that's just too pricey. I'm looking for something around 12-13K on average. Something I could trade my SS in and maybe throw down a couple extra grand to it at best.

I was all over this particular one till I just found out it was sold. :(

LINK <-- But for reference, that's exactly what I'm after.

Bones

Dec 29, 2009
Nw Burbs
You're only going to be out there for 3 months tho.. and arent they going to be summer months? lol

Yeah but then there's another 6 months down in Springfield once I am hired on. That was the idea behind getting a new daily. I went into a dealer yesterday and it was a joke. He offered me 6 grand for a trade in. And they kept trying to stick me into this high mileage POS 325i. I totally backed out from it all. Yeah I know my car is probably worth more in my eyes vs someone elses, but COME THE FUCK ON 6 grand? I bought it for 11.5K last August and stuck another 2.5K in a brand new FLT trans, clutch, etc... 6 grand is a fuckin slap in the face. Big Money Waster can go f themselves for now. :D Everything by them is around 20K if I had 20K I could get a C5Z, why the fuck would I want an old 325i in place of that? Yeah no thanks. The one thing I discovered with BMW is that there is absolutely no bang for your buck, whatsoever. I'm not down talking their cars, I just think for the price it's not worth it overall.

I'm just going to drive the SS into the ground, idc anymore. I honestly just want my god damn vette in the long run, just going to rack up the miles on the SS and then sell it next year when I'm obviously either on ISP or another police dept. Even right now I treat it like a geo. It gets me from point A to point B, just with style and a little rumble.

I have so much going on right now so the last thing I want to do is worry about selling a damn car. That's why I was going to just trade it in. I have a lot going on in school particular and I guess this internship is overwhelming me because of the distance. I need to find another apartment by May.

TransHed

Navy Seabee
Sep 3, 2009
Plainfield, IL
I'm just going to drive the SS into the ground, idc anymore. I honestly just want my god damn vette in the long run, just going to rack up the miles on the SS and then sell it next year when I'm obviously either on ISP or another police dept. Even right now I treat it like a geo. It gets me from point A to point B, just with style and a little rumble.

Smartest thing you've said car wise in terms of selling/buying lol. Drive the Camaro SS and the Impala SS until you're ready to get your Vette. Before you get the Vette, pick up a shitty DD so you dont waste money trying to make it a performance car, then sell the Camaro SS privately to put money down towards the Vette.

Oh and quit changing your mind lol.

T

The Beast

Yeah but then there's another 6 months down in Springfield once I am hired on. That was the idea behind getting a new daily. I went into a dealer yesterday and it was a joke. He offered me 6 grand for a trade in. And they kept trying to stick me into this high mileage POS 325i. I totally backed out from it all. Yeah I know my car is probably worth more in my eyes vs someone elses, but COME THE FUCK ON 6 grand? I bought it for 11.5K last August and stuck another 2.5K in a brand new FLT trans, clutch, etc... 6 grand is a fuckin slap in the face. Big Money Waster can go f themselves for now. :D Everything by them is around 20K if I had 20K I could get a C5Z, why the fuck would I want an old 325i in place of that? Yeah no thanks. The one thing I discovered with BMW is that there is absolutely no bang for your buck, whatsoever. I'm not down talking their cars, I just think for the price it's not worth it overall.

I have so much going on right now so the last thing I want to do is worry about selling a damn car. That's why I was going to just trade it in. I have a lot going on in school particular and I guess this internship is overwhelming me because of the distance. I need to find another apartment by May.

As I was scrolling down your post I was thinking to myself he will get rapped trying to trade in a 2000 camaro ss dealers don't care about mods wheels etc. Your best bet is to post it on Ebay or craigslist, I have had anasome experience selling cars on Ebay classified and its free. I have an average of 3 days of selling cars or suv's on ebay classified before they are sold and the cash is in my hand. Take my advice I work at a dealership and appraise the trade ins. Sell it on the street and then look for your new ride.

tmbutitta

TCG Elite Member
Feb 16, 2010
Rockford
I have owned four 3 series' now...

98 328i
02 330ci
01 325ci
and currently an 04 325xi

and my sister used to have an 03 infinity g35 coupe..
I also used to have a 02 Audi TT and a 98 a4

The BMW's have been the most comfortable, most fun to drive, best handling cars out of all of them.. plus they are the easiest to find in a manual

They also get the Best gas mileage for a daily driver... They do suck in the winter unless you get the XI, but i just through a couple sand bags in the back and made sure i had good tires, and there is no problem

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Dave, Get a BMW as a daily. With those cars getting to be 6-7 years old, write ups for many common problems can be found on sites like bimmerforums. They're no harder to work on than any other modern cars in my opinion. And, with the way they're built, you wont run into anything major if you find one that's been kept up with proper maintenence. But, expect to spend more than 12-13 on a nice E46 330. I'd say 14-16 will get you a pretty good one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info