:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

DragoGT-R said:
WORLD'S FIRST 9 SECOND GT-R

Car just went 9.90 @ 146.96 on the FIRST PASS

1.72 60ft

Hoping to do better!!

Will keep you all up to date!

AMS said:
Thank you everyone for all the nice words! We are pretty happy to say the least.

The car was tuned up back at the shop and ran on the dyno yesterday right off the trailer.

We then parked it back by the rig and unloaded it today, put some more gas in it and fired off three 9 sec passes in a row.

[email protected] with a 1.8 60ft
9.99@145 hitting the rev limiter 2-3
9.89@145 hitting the rev limiter 2-3 again (thing comes on FAST)

We are letting her cool down before we go out again. It is VERY cold our here. I think we are in the mid 40's and the wind chill has to be in the 30's. It lights the tires up on the 1-2 shift even on the track.

This car is running our SR850 package which essentially is our SR750 package with a fuel system upgrade and a race fuel map. The package will be released very shortly and consists of the following:

AMS upgraded bolt on turbo's
Upgraded actuators
AMS 90mm downpipes
AMS 90mm Resonated midpipe
AMS 90mm exhaust
AMS Front mount intercooler
AMS 3" intercooler piping
HKS bov's
AMS Large MAF intake pipes
AMS fuel System upgrade
Cobb AP
AMS Custom Race gas map (unleaded 109 octane Race gas)

Boost peaks at about 27/28 and falls to low 20's near redline
Yesterday's dyno numbers on the hennessey dyno dynamics dyno was 765whp and 738 tq

We will keep you posted as the day develops. We have camera angles from inside the car, outside front, outside rear, and stationary cameras outside the car. Video should be done and edited by monday

Now i gotta get my ass back to the track to see if we can knock this down to a 9.70!

Eric

timeslip for the 9.90 pass

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...9908552880_102800902880_3780476_7071439_n.jpg

vid will be up monday. i'll update the thread accordingly.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Thats fast, but Im honestly not impressed. The GTR is fucking awesome in stock form though, poor man's supercar.

bigger turbos, full exhaust, and race gas are hardly minimal bolt ons. Not saying it isnt fast, but for how badly people sack ride this car, it should be doing this on pump gas and stock turbos.

ignoring the fact that i preach to this car likes its my religion...how is a almost 4,000 lb car running 9s NOT impressive? full exhaust not a "minimal" bolt on? since when...thats business as usual for turbo cars. race gas is a major bolt on? :rofl: come on man

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
this was the last update...they never went past the 9.89...still fucking amazing tho.

[quote='AMS' ]
Thank you again everyone, we are all really excited. We had to call it quits for the day. The event is off schedule and it is going to run too late for us to continue in the GTR unlimited class. Although we were the number one qualifiers we can't stick around for the eliminations. We came to run a nine though and we did and did and did:)

The car is all stored away in the trailer now, next stop is the mile where Martin, Eric Jones, Brian and Scott will take our cars (including our 1400hp drag EVO) down the mile. Wish us luck as we embark on stop two of the AMS spring 2010 Texas tour.

Rich will have our 9 sec passes in video form on monday for everyone. Thank you again!!!

A special thanks to everyone that came by our booth and had nice things to say! Everyone was a real class act.

Now we gotta get our butts to the airport.
[/quote]

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
ignoring the fact that i preach to this car likes its my religion...how is a almost 4,000 lb car running 9s NOT impressive? full exhaust not a "minimal" bolt on? since when...thats business as usual for turbo cars. race gas is a major bolt on? :rofl: come on man

i was thinking about this today...

yeah. um its race gas and exhaust. what would a minimal bolt on be ? tornado fuel saver?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info