***Sound Performance Boost Activated Exhaust Cutout Results!!! VIDEO INSIDE

Reid@SP

www.spracingonline.com
Apr 12, 2009
Dekalb, IL
I just finished up the video for the results of our SP Boost Activated Exhaust Cutout and wanted to share for everyone who will be waking up in a couple of hours!!

Sound Performance Boost Activated Exhaust Cutout Results!!!

Mods:

SP Single turbo kit
GT4294 Journal bearing .9 a/r
SP Long Tube Race header (now standard on all SP turbo kits)
SP Quick Spool Valve
SP 4" Downpipe/midpipe
SP Boost Activated Exhaust Cutout
Top Secret Titanium exhaust
SP400 Stage 2 transmission
ProEFI 128 Standalone

Results:

At only 17psi, we are pleased to report a 55whp increase with our Boost Cutout!!! It must be noted that the power potential is directly proportional to boost output and will increase with every psi added. Not only do you get more top end power, but you can have a quieter exhaust on the street and the screaming top end power when you need it!!

DSC01307.jpg

DSC01309.jpg

3673.jpg

cutoutontopsecretexhaust.jpg

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvCl-v_AzLE

Reid

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
So what is going to prevent this from having the same issue as the QTPs where it eventually binds up? We dropped QTP from our lineup because almost every customer would eventually complain of a frozen cutout.

I'm in for my personal car if you're confident I'm not going to be under there poking and prodding with a screwdriver! :)

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
this would benefit turbo guys the most tho... not silly superchargers.
Agreed... Well, not that superchargers are silly but that the turbo guys are going to see the most benefit. The main limitation on my setup right now is that I don't want to put an aftermarket exhaust on my car. I like the Q ship look where the car is quiet until it's too late. An unfortunate side affect of that is that I'm forcing 400hp out of a stock cat-back.

The only thing I'm concerned about is the powerband... The boost comes on so hard right now as it is. I can't imagine how hard it would come on if I suddenly popped open the exhaust. What a terrible problem to have! :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info