Nitrous Wet/Dry, what kind, and what size should I run?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
As soon as the ranger is drivable and has exhaust on it, I will be ordering a kit for it. I am nitrous noob, any good links to read, and what is the easiest to do/deal with on a bolt-on 5.0? I figure a 75 shot would be plenty? When kits say 4/6 cyl 75 shots, is there a reason why it says 4/6 cyl, or just because of the size of the shot? *Such as this* http://www.zex.com/Pages/129/Wet 4 and 6 Cylinder.aspx

Suggestions, Input, Experience?

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Dont buy a zex kit, worst garbage out there. Pick up a cheap kit and a bottle heater.

Id personally just use a single wet nozzle, and you dont need all that saftey garbage. An arming switch, and WOT switch are all you need. You have a manual transmission, so no need for a window switch when you get off the pedal anyways to change gear, fuel pressure saftey is useless too because its going to be too late by the time the thing reacts.

Check out all the basic kits from these companies, they are all reputable and I have run or am running parts from all of them.

www.harrisspeedworks.com
www.nitrousoutlet.com
www.dynotunenitrous.com

My current setup is a dynotunenitrous.com dry kit, harris speed works 90mm plate, and a nifty little device that lets me spray a dry shot after the MAF. I have an arming switch, WOT microswitch mounted on my gas pedal, and a trans brake switch mounted on my steering wheel to activate the kit. Spraying the sum'bitch out of the hole, right through the shifts, and out the back door at around 120mph.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
The "4/6cyl 75 shot" is by cylinder volume.

75 should be fine for your application. Nozzle is fine for that size of a shot, no problem. Plate setups will just add to the price and encourage you to spray it past where you're really safe anyways.

I'd do a wet kit, 75 shot, through a nozzle. Window switch off a WOT switch, bottle heater w/pressure switch and call it a day.

Zex is junk, avoid it.

Nitrous Express / Dave's is good stuff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info