How's this for a dealer story?? - New Car

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
My fiancee commandeered that SHO I bought so I've been casually shopping for an 02+ Q45 to spare the Grand Prix. For those that don't know, the car basically flies under the radar. Not many people know what they are and there are probably 2 for sale in the entire Chicago area at any given time.

So last week I give in. The blend door in the Grand Prix is broken and it's barely squeaking out any heat. I went to go take a look at a Jaguar XJ8, figuring that I'm not going to find a Q with my required options list any time soon. Well, I sit in it and it's a nice car but it feels like a top of the line luxury car from 1992. It drives like one too.

At this point I'm ready to buy so I bust out my laptop for one last search. Bam, 02' Q45 at Motorwerks listed 10 minutes prior to my search. I called them and told them I was on my way to look at it. It was priced at $10,900 with only 80k miles. I had every intention of buying it so long as it didn't start on fire when I turned the key. Well, I'm head up to Barrington from the Mercedes dealer in Naperville (where I was looking at the Jag). It's about a 45 minute drive.

I get a call about 30 minutes away from Motorwerks and it's the salesman. He explains to me that the car just came in and they just listed it but after inspecting it they noticed some problems that have them wanting to wholesale it instead of sell it. It needs to be buffed (black with a lot of fine scratches, white rub marks, etc), needs a right control arm, and is seeping oil. Ok, none of that is a deal breaker. I tell him I'm still going to come look at it.

I get there and the car is fine. It definetely needs a buffing but I'm probably just going to have my body guy re-spray the sides. It drives great. All said and done I got it for $9500 out the door without any haggling. The dealer just came out and said they'd give me the $1400 off for the mechanical work.

I own a Q45 now. :)

As an aside, this car is great. Under 10k, 340hp V8 that's just ridiculously smooth, apparently the most powerful headlights ever put in a production car... And then there's all the gadgets. Nav, heated seats, dual climate, voice control, motorized sunshades, etc. For $9500 I couldn't be happier.

And that's my tale.

andcbii

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2008
worthless.gif

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
motorwerks is a great dealership! i got my S2000 there and they couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. I wasn't able to get there untill about 8:30 to check the car out.. well they stayed until about 11:00 that night doing the paperwork and detailing the car and what not, even had a porter go out and get me some food! now thats service!

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
not bad, but why is it leaking oil?
It's seeping oil and I would imagine because a seal somewhere is bad. I don't much care. I'm used to the 3800 which seeps oil straight off the showroom floor!

After a week, I'm totally sasified with this car. It's badass, inexpensive luxury. I'll get some pictures Monday when it's sunny. Just your standard run of the mill Q45. This guy is a little nerdy with his site but explains all the cool things about the car...

http://get.to/q45

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info