DSC08501.jpg

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Hey Ryan honestly if you're planning on using that compressor a lot I'd get an oiled one. That oil-less isn't gonna last very long

Electric impacts are roughly the same price and are much easier to use. Can bring it to the track too. Dewalt makes some good stuff in that dept.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
i have the 1/2' IR Ti MAX gun, it is a real proffesional grade impact and it is amazing!!!! the one you are looking at is the not the max, in fact it is called the quiet flow one.. it is a piece of shit and at $200 you get what u pay for. My max version is more than double the price but it has 1000 ft/lbs of reverse torque. i know of people that had the gun u are looking at and couldnt remove stuff with pullers and i would come by with my gun and zip them off like nothing.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I have an electric impact from Sears that is awesome and has worked well for years.

I have the super shitty oilless compressor that will break any minute with a set of cheap and will also blow up in my face when I use air tools from the Hooooo Depot.

(So far all of the above mentioned air items have been working well with very limited use)

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
Oil-free is great for simple crap and occasional usage. with Constant use it just heats up and the piston and sleeves just melt. It's no good.

:werd:
i wouldnt buy an oil free air tool even if i used it once a week. they are junk and wont last.
though IR is a great brand. mine takes a good beating and will zap most any bolt off with ease.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
word of advice, you can stop the next time you see a snapon/mac/etc truck and they almost always have rebuilt impacts from other manufacturer's as well as their own, a buddy scored an IR/MAC twin hammer 6 years ago for 180$ and it's still trooping away i paid 300 for my composit bodied IR/MAC new and it's still here doin work 10 years later

i rarely use my 3/4 inch IR impact, but when i need it....i break shit

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info