Dealer left drill in my engine.

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
Kind of scary if you ask me.
I mean if the tech was forgetful enough to leave a drill, what else did he forget to do on the work you requested????

Did he torque the bolts correctly?
Did he install the correct parts correctly?

I would go back and have a talk with them as well as have them inspect the work that was done to make sure all is correct. I'm thinking a year of free oil changes are in order here.

What would happen if the drill got caught in some moving part and caused damage?
You could have stalled pulling onto a highway in front of a semi.

F.O.D. (foriegn object damage) can be a very bad thing.

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
My car has been making ticking noises pretty much since I got it. I was told it was the direct injection which was verified by a thread on the cobaltss.net forum. My cousin borrowed my car to fix some stuff when his friend's dad commented on the sound and said it wasn't normal. Went to the dealership and they said to come back when tomorrow( today) since service wasn't open.

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
Most likely I'm going to return it when I go back. They didn't fix what I wanted them to fix and accused me of not changing my oil correctly. Which I payed for them to do, because they said the bad oil was causing my problem in the first place.

Sounds to me like you need to find a more competent service department.

Personally I wouldn't go back if the service is that bad.
Not all dealership service departments are the same.

EDIT: If it's the Chevy dealer on Golf road, I wouldn't let them touch my shoes let alone any car I own. :thumbsdown:

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
No, it's grossinger in Palatine. The Sales guy at Woodfield chevy was the one that told me to get it checked out asap, but like I said service was closed at the time. Anyone know any good dealerships? I've figured they've been shady for a while, but I've never had any proof besides my gut.

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
Huh?

What did you bring the car in for? It's a drill or an impact? I'm confused now....

Impact wrench, sorry I don't know tools well.

110514_lg.jpg

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
They installed something for my charge piping. There was a recall for that. Apparently it pops off under high boost.

They always blame the customer, welcome to dealers.

Yeah, I figured they would try to blame me for something. I figured the oil change couldn't hurt so I gave it a shot. They also said my rear rotors need to be replaced asap, so maybe I'll try to get that under warrenty. (15k miles, so that's bullshit)

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Yeah, I figured they would try to blame me for something. I figured the oil change couldn't hurt so I gave it a shot. They also said my rear rotors need to be replaced asap, so maybe I'll try to get that under warrenty. (15k miles, so that's bullshit)

Give the drill to a homeless man, take the car back to the dealer, don't let them boss you around. They're cowards once you open your mouth, especially inside the showroom with potential customers. That will get their attention, worked for me at Ford :smile: But just as a disclaimer, if you get arrested for saying the wrong stuff it's not my fault. :rofl:

And remember, they have to prove 100% that your oil cause the problem, if you know they can't prove shit then you are the one with the upper hand, remember that. Dealers are full of PRICKS.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info