***Sound Performance Quick Spool Valve Results!!! VID INSIDE

Reid@SP

www.spracingonline.com
Apr 12, 2009
Dekalb, IL
I wanted to bring this over from SupraForums. Too impressive not to share!!

It's finally here!!

Sound Performance Quick Spool Valve Results!!

After much patience from the community, I have finally had the opportunity to document and produce these results for all to see and deduce. Evan Oliver, the car owner, gave me permission to use his car to showcase the results from his car.

Mods:

SP Single turbo kit
GT4294 Journal bearing .9 a/r
SP Long Tube Race header (now standard on all SP turbo kits)
SP Quick Spool Valve
SP 4" Downpipe/midpipe
SP Boost Activated Exhaust Cutout
Top Secret Titanium exhaust
SP400 Stage 2 transmission
ProEFI 128 Standalone

Results:

The results were almost dead on with the rest of the testing that we have done whether on a 6spd or auto application. On this particular vehicle, we saw a gain of 150whp at 3300rpm simply by utilizing the SP QSV with absolutely no top end losses as previously speculated by many. The powerband is completely shifted from your usual Supra useless power band into a very street friendly and enjoyable band. The results are more than enough for me to get one of these on my car!!

Also for the record, the car made a staggering 547whp @ 17psi through the SP400 auto transmission on 93oct pump gas!!

DSC01241.jpg

DSC01243.jpg

QSV.jpg

6Exhaust020.jpg

For those still on the fringe, I will have a car on the dyno within a month or so that is a 6spd with a Precision Billet 6265 with our recently sourced 1.00 a/r divided housing. The results should be interesting to say the least. I imagine that it will have boost by just breathing on the gas pedal!!!

Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6ZCOTFET6s

Reid

Reid@SP

www.spracingonline.com
Apr 12, 2009
Dekalb, IL
so this has to be a divided inlet?

man, hmmmm, wish I would have gone T4 divided now! :rofl:

how much?

It must be a divided turbine housing on an undivided manifold.

nicey nice......looks to be very impressive unit there, great idea to the person who thought it up

That would be the great Larry Prebis!

good work! so hows your RPS manifold idea coming?! ;) larry going for it?

I have an original RPS on the way for mock up and whatnot. Then I have to convince Vince that it's worth his time to make! I'm trying to get a dedicated Group Buy of 10 at least.

Reid

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info