Reid's Supra compilation video: Original and v.2

Reid@SP

www.spracingonline.com
Apr 12, 2009
Dekalb, IL
made the Original video a few months back and this second version is a bit more concise and is a techno version. I thought I'd share them with you guys! Here's a bit more info:

At first, I was planning on making a thread portraying my overall experience from start to finish of my supra. Then it hit me that I really couldn't share it with everyone and and it would be limited to SF.

So instead of cluttering up the thread with a bunch of photos that would take forever to load, I made a video. Before I get to it I wanted to share a little about my experience.

I first decided to get my supra after realizing that the money I was dropping into my 2001 Honda Prelude was going to put it right around the same speed and power of a stock supra, and that was pretty much max'd out. Going any further would require stupid amounts of money for the car at the time. Although I had a turbo kit, supporting mods, and a lot of high quality parts, I aborted the mission and pursued my Dawg.

I found my prisitine 41,000mi Super White Turbo 6spd in Miami, FL. I flew down with my dad, we made the deal, and we drove her home. Before the purchase, the previous one owner decided to have the dash professionally painted gloss black. I fell in love with the look and decided it was going to stay. I should also mention that before I even picked up the car, I had 97-98 headlights (mine were in horrible condition as you can see in the video), turbo timer, boost controller, and Greddy Ti exhaust.

I had a few initial things. I hated Sound Performance because I went up to I think Larry at Hot Import Nights, and probably sounded like some dumb kid saying he was about to get a supra. I should mention that I obviously don't hate SP, gotta love being a dumb kid! I also hated the idea of going single, probably because I loved the heritage of the twin turbo. The fact that my brother had a twin turbo 300zx probably didn't help that. For the longest time, I wanted to have a custom spec'd twin turbo kit made with GT28s.

When I eventually fell to the dark side, I originally wanted a Greddy T78 kit, and then a PHR Stage 1 dbb kit. Upon further investigation and research, I ended up wanting an SP63, and while talking with Tim@SP about it, my ever-power-hungry brother kept making fun of me and Tim suggested the then-new SP71 Billet that spooled like a 67 but made gobs more power. I told him that was wayyy too big for me and I wanted a more balanced car. I then told him that if he had Precision come out with a Billet style 67 that spooled like a 63 but made more top end, he'd have a sale. There you have it, I invented the infamous Billet 67 over a year before it's actual production.

I really never wanted a Supra dyno graph, and to this day I always consider spooling characteristics first. Although I do get the urge to build the motor and throw on a GT4780. Maybe someday, but until then, I will stick to slightly more responsive setups. I must say though, cruising with my brother Elliot (red 300zx) and buddy Ryan (white 350z) I have felt the need to step up my game in the power department. Both of their cars have twin turbo setups and built motors and can be seen in the video.

PS- I just have to include that I did in fact, want a supra because of The Fast and the Furious. I don't care how misinformative or cheesy they are, I will continue to watch, love, and reflect on them forever.

VIDEOS:

Original:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW83TXEmNWc

Version 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRVFMPzip5o

Reid

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info