How much for dumps on the mustang?

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
What kind of money could I save by running dumps? A new catback is at least $500. How do you go about getting dumps? Do I just go to a muffler shop and have them weld my flowmasters into some piping? I figured I could save a little money and a little weight by going the dumped route. The only thing I don't like about the dumped set-up is not having muffler tips sticking out the cut-outs on the bumper.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I think Roush makes some inserts that are held on by double-sided tape and wrap around the rear bumper. You could also go and get a V-6 bumper. Sell yours to some kid with a V-6 that wants dual exhaust.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
The exhaust shop would need to bend 2 new sections of 2-1/2" pipe around 2 feet in length to route the cat back properly. Then they would need to weld turn downs onto the mufflers. I am not sure how much this would cost, but it would probably be in the neighborhood of $150-$200.

Not all shop will do it as well since the exhaust is required by law to exit the rear of the vehicle. I had to pay the shop cash under the table to do it as well.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
So with the dumps, do they just hang off the mid-pipe a few feet? Since the bumper hangers are much further back when you have a catback, I'm assuming with dumps, they just hang off of the mid-pipe. I didn't know about the law on exhaust coming out the back of the car. I'm guessing it's that way for safety reasons as you don't have the exhaust filling up the interior of your car. Crap, I'm still on the fence with this one.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
WheelieBars2.jpg

Those would offset the goofy looking open bumper cutouts nicely.

utryd2

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 3, 2009
North Aurora
If you have an aftermarket exhaust and are just looking for dumps, buy some turn down tips and weld/clamp those to your exhisting muffler.
I did it with my mustang and just brought a muffler shop my mufflers and told them to bend 2 90* elbows and cut them into dumps. You wont catch any crap if they arent on a car.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
If you have an aftermarket exhaust and are just looking for dumps, buy some turn down tips and weld/clamp those to your exhisting muffler.
I did it with my mustang and just brought a muffler shop my mufflers and told them to bend 2 90* elbows and cut them into dumps. You wont catch any crap if they arent on a car.

He has welded in flows on a stock catback. He wants to upgrade his pipe diameter from 2-1/4 to 2-1/2.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info