QOTD: What Police Car Scares You?

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
What Police Car Scares You?

Years of keen observation has made me a living, breathing radar detector yet, despite my cop-sensing abilities, there are still a few law enforcement vehicles that cause my right foot to jerk off the gas. What police car scares you?

When the Crown Vic was the only cop car on the beat things were gloriously easy because, let's face it, Ford didn't sell many non patrol units unless they were painted bright yellow. Most of us can probably spot the rectangular headlights of a P71 from a mile away, at night, in the rain, under an overpass. The 2006 release of the Charger changed everything. People actually buy Chargers because they want them and they often buy them in white, black or silver. Sure, there are a few distinguishing factors but we dare you to notice them straight-on at speed.

And should you pass a Charger parked on the highway at anything more than the written speed limit, even if it's not a cop car, you have to start at those mean-looking eyes and wonder: am I toast?
Be honest, what police car scares you?

Unmarked Camaros in IN always used to keep me on my toes.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Lamborghini_20Police_20Car_small.jpg

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
but seriously, the camaro cop cars that are totally unmarked scare me...had a runin with one in the gtp...i think it was part of their "crackdown" on street racing...tried to get me to race him on 20...i was wise enough not to

I think Chicago had Mustang GTs running the same deal... And yeah they are not easy to spot.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
but seriously, the camaro cop cars that are totally unmarked scare me...had a runin with one in the gtp...i think it was part of their "crackdown" on street racing...tried to get me to race him on 20...i was wise enough not to

en·trap·ment - a defense that claims the defendant would not have broken the law if not tricked into doing it by law enforcement officials

Yep, I remember back in the day when a few Camaros would prowl around the street racing scene trying to cause trouble.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Itasca also has a new STI..

I did an article on them two years ago when they had the black STi. Nice guys over there, took me out on ride-long in the car. The new one is a bit more noticeable in its neon colors :rofl:

The main officer who drives it said they wanted to put their full gear in the STi this time, which Subaru wouldn't let them do with the black one. Yeah, it's on loan from Subie. They even got some badass black rims plus winter tires on the old one from Subaru.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Oh, Crown Vic and Caprice headlights scare the crap out of me. Even though the Caprice isn't on duty anymore it's the cars that I had to be on the lookout for when I started driving so it's still etched in my mind.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Oh, Crown Vic and Caprice headlights scare the crap out of me. Even though the Caprice isn't on duty anymore it's the cars that I had to be on the lookout for when I started driving so it's still etched in my mind.

:werd:I still get that same unsettling feeling in my stomach seeing those dim crown vic headlights. :hs: Especially late at night when you KNOW you're getting pulled over.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL

:werd:I still get that same unsettling feeling in my stomach seeing those dim crown vic headlights. :hs: Especially late at night when you KNOW you're getting pulled over.

x3 I hate them.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Crown Vic's and any Oak Lawn cop.

Usually if I'm scanning for the popo while driving I try and keep an eye out for the most common around here being Crown Vic's, Impala's, Tahoe's, Explorer's. Then theres the occasional black undercover Durango, white undercover Explorer, and old man tan undercover Intrepid. Basically been pulled over by them all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info