Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
car has ran like a top since ive owned it (minus things beyond its control). leaving to come home today. drives fine. stop off at the store, fire her up and start going and immediate hesitation all over the place. get it to highway speed, lots of power loss, hesitation, felt like misfires.

get it to the gfs, turn it off, let it sit, fire it back it, hesitation isnt as bad (just got home), but its still there.

give me a list of things that i should think of / check...

obvious first spot would be plugs...but having one working hand makes that hard to do.

bad gas maybe? i'm down to a 1/4 tank left so dunno why that would start up now.

checked everything under the hood...nothing came loose, etc.

ill have to hook it so a scanner and see if i got any other lights...my light is always on so i wouldnt know if something turned on :rofl:

gonna let it sit for a few hours then take it back out...dont fucking need to deal with this right now.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
dirty/bad airflow sensor perhaps? You still have the stock airbox on there right? i dont imagine it'd get too junked up, but it happens

aftermarket

Endless possibilities. First I'd check fuel delivery. Then ignition. Past that, I'd hope Modern Muscle has another dyno day soon so you can con them into tossing it on the lift and fixing it for you :rofl:

yaaaaa...you know how much i'm using my car lately...any downtime would leave me fucked

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Top the tank with good gas. Clean the MAF. Check the plugs. Check fuel pressure. Check your intake, I know you made a comment about a weird sound under the hood the other day. If its post-MAF, that'll hose ya for sure. It'll just start DUMPING gas in cuz it sees lean @ the O2.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info