3.73 , 3.90 or 4.10? hummmm

JDHedman

" The Remote Start Guy "
Jun 5, 2009
Algonquin
ok so I am going to be ordering my new gears for the season in a few days and I am having a hard time deciding on what gear to go with, I am runnin a 3.42 now the car is a M6 and right now I am at about 6400rpm across the 1320 line and my best trap is 115mph and my best 60' is 2.1x.
I want to improve my track performance but also want to keep it drivable ie. highway

so that said 3.73, 3.90 or 4.10

I am leaning towards the 4.10 but just wanted to get some more opinions

K0R3AN

I Love Lamp!
Apr 29, 2008
Denver, CO
4.10 would be a little high for I driving. i had 4.27 and swapped down to a 3.77, and it was still high for me... but to each there own right? :) personally, id suggest 3.73, that should be a good little jump to get you outa the hole faster. and you can also relax on the drive home, instead of cringing at the sound of high rpms..

but like i said, people have different tastes and different cars. ;)

B

Bad00SS

I have a 4.10 in an m6 and wish i would have went 4.30. my buddy with a 3.73 and 6-speed seemed almost not worth the work for the minimal gain. i drove my car on hotrod power tour and with 6 gears your really low rpm on the hwy. ruffly 70mph at 2,500rpm on stock 17" wheels. If you ever run a slick taller than a stock rim the gear ratio goes down. if i put a 28" tall tire on the car i'd really like to have a 4.30. on the other hand if your on stock zr1 17's like i was, the 4.10 gives you soo much low end that you'll be spinin those street tires for hundreds of feet. it makes 1st gear worthless on the street if you have stock tires.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info