Who makes good torque wrenches?

Looking for some good, but semi cheap torque wrenches. I don't want to cheap out completely though, just something I can use so I don't have to hunt one down in the shop at school every time I want to use one. I like the snap on ones that we have at school but they are expensive as fuck. One day I'd like to buy me some of those, but for now I'm just looking for something more affordable for a college student that can get the job done.

Well damn, after some online research, a lot of people say surprisingly that Husky, makes a better torque wrench than Craftsman. I find that a little hard to believe, as most of the tools I have now are Husky(they were cheap) and Craftsman seems a lot sturdier. For the price though I may have to try it out. All Husky tools are lifetime warranty as well, so that's a plus.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
AAAAAp3nAlwAAAAAAQIWzQ.jpg

I got that.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I also have a craftsman that was like $50 on sale.

Just remember they're not covered under the lifetime warranty. Pretty bogus.

I'd get a snap-on if I had the money. I believe they're covered under their lifetime warranty and they can recalibrate it for you but it's alot more money

Edmond

Regular
Aug 9, 2008
I also have a craftsman that was like $50 on sale.

Just remember they're not covered under the lifetime warranty. Pretty bogus.

I'd get a snap-on if I had the money. I believe they're covered under their lifetime warranty and they can recalibrate it for you but it's alot more money

Yeah, I think the Craftsman is a 1 year warranty. Still not bad but I guess it depends on if you use your tools to make money. If you did, you could definitely justify the cost of a more expensive one with a better warranty.

Curious, how much are the Snap On ones?

Yeah, I think the Craftsman is a 1 year warranty. Still not bad but I guess it depends on if you use your tools to make money. If you did, you could definitely justify the cost of a more expensive one with a better warranty.

Curious, how much are the Snap On ones?

$350+ EACH for the ones I want
Snap on is nice and all, but when you buy snap on, you are mostly paying for the name (in my opinions). I have access to a wide array of snap on tools at school and I have yet to be WOW'd by one of them. I grew up using craftsman/cheap ass tools too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info