Magnaflow catback

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I really didn't care for the way it sounded with the off-road pipe on there. That's not to say that other people wouldn't like it. I prefer my exhaust tone to be low and deep. The rasp is what got me those exhaust violations. Now that pipe is Shibby's problem ;)

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I enjoy my flowmasters... :dunno:

I haven't heard great things about slp's...

His problem is that he has weld-in Flows so he still has the 2-1/4" piping for his catback. It is probably robbing him of some power and he might be looking to go stainless as well. I have not seen a stainless Flowmaster kit.

With that being said, I like the sound of Flows as well.

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
I really didn't care for the way it sounded with the off-road pipe on there. That's not to say that other people wouldn't like it. I prefer my exhaust tone to be low and deep. The rasp is what got me those exhaust violations. Now that pipe is Shibby's problem ;)

i liked his old xpipe better :squint:, the one he got from is raspy, but the cops out here dont really care, livin in the boonies ftw

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
With that being said, I like the sound of Flows as well.

+1 I've always liked Flowmasters

How much power do you think will be freed up with a complete cat-back?

Also, let's say his motor is pushing the max power before it were to gernade. Would opening up the rear exhaust help him anyways?

I don't even really have a good guess as to how much. I really can't see it being more than maybe 10-15hp.

Angus, please tell me that spelling of 'gernade' is a typo ;)

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
i liked his old xpipe better :squint:, the one he got from is raspy, but the cops out here dont really care, livin in the boonies ftw

I told him it was terrible and I even took him for a ride to let him hear. I didn't like that mid-pipe the day I got it. But I thought Shibby was happy, so I guess that's what matters.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info