Emissions test coming up

1998gpgt

TCG Elite Member
Apr 25, 2008
Boulder, CO
I had mine done at crystal lake back when my car was obnoxiously loud. Didn't say a word.

And be careful with just clearing the codes. As you will have to go through several drive cycles in order to ensure that the all the monitors are ready to test. You just have to hope that the cat monitor is the only one left not ready.

Otherwise you will need to get in there with a tuner or find some 02 sims.

http://www.epa.state.il.us/air/vim/faq/obd.html#6

A vehicle can have up to twelve monitors built into the OBD computer system. The most common monitors are:

Continuous

Misfire
Fuel System
Comprehensive Components

Non-Continuous

Oxygen Sensor
Heat Oxygen Sensor
Catalyst Efficiency
Evaporative Emissions System
EGR System
Secondary Air System
PCV System

Remember, vehicles are rejected when more than two non-continuous readiness monitors are “not ready” for 1996 to 2000 model year vehicles, or when more than one non-continuous readiness monitor is “not ready” for 2001 and newer model year vehicles. Additionally, the catalyst monitor must be “ready” at the time of any re-test after a vehicle failed an initial test for any catalyst code.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
LMAO for shits and giggles I want to see someone pull up with open headers no codes and see what they say

I'm due for emissions, anyone wanna crawl under my car and disconnect the cat back for the day( must also be willing to re-connect it a little later) I'll pass with open headers, I just don't think the Lulz are worth the rolling around in the snow :dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info