6x9's . Need some advice

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
Im going to be upgrading the race car grand prix's 6x9s in the back. Ive got about up to $100 for a pair of speakers. Maby a little more if necessary. Here's some that ive been looking at:

Polk DB691
Polk - Step up from the one above
Cheapo Kappas
Kickers - I listend to these at frys. Not bad. The highs were a little overwhelming, but it also handled the bass very well
Rockford T1692C
Rockford T1693C
Boston SL95
Infinity Reference 9623i

Anyone recommend any particular model/brand? Ive got the stockers in the back now so almost anything will sound better. I have the bose system if that matters.

I was also curious to see if it was a good idea to hook up an amp to the rear speakers? Ive got an amp made for the interior speakers from my old camaro.

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
I like (and have) Polk Audio speakers as well. I've had Bostons before and they are also sound nice.

The thing is music is a personal preference. I would go and listen to the speakers you are interested in then buy the set you like the most. I generally take a CD with a few different songs I like so I can hear the speakers with my music.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info