Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
never been to the track with the evo....or the srt...or the mazda....

first time was w/ the GTP and i think i ran like a 14.6, 14.3 then a 13.9...i probably still have every timeslip from that car someplace.

on the flip side, the best i could muster out of the gtp before i fried the trans was a 13.1

GraFFix

A 302 and a little boost
Jan 3, 2008
NW Chicago
First time out with the GTP I shocked everyone with a 13.72, I had a 3.4 pulley and ubend/res removed. Thats it...Funny thing is I probably dumped another 5-6k into the car after that and only managed to run a 13.26 at best. Not to bad...1k for each tenth :jerkit:

Mustang hasnt been to the track yet. Still working out the little bugs. Hopefully it will see some track time this year.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
First time out with the GTP I shocked everyone with a 13.72, I had a 3.4 pulley and ubend/res removed. Thats it...Funny thing is I probably dumped another 5-6k into the car after that and only managed to run a 13.26 at best. Not to bad...1k for each tenth :jerkit:

Mustang hasnt been to the track yet. Still working out the little bugs. Hopefully it will see some track time this year.

was that back in the day when no one knew anything about supporting mods or tuning?

Mirz

Banned
Jun 1, 2007

you had a green one right, i was there thats when i ran a [email protected] with just a 3.4 in my GTP. we had a convoy with you me and your brothers supra

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Only time I ran the GP was at Byron in late September. At 8am it was in the 40's, but by race time(noon) it was in the upper 80's.....I need cooler weather

1st run(2500rpm launch): 17.7 @ 79mph(spun like a bitch off the line :rofl: )
2nd run(no launch): 15.9 @86mph
3rd run: 15.82 @ 87mph
4th run: 15.88 @ 87mph
5th run: 16.1 @ 87mph

I need to get grip off the line....and cooler weather...I want at best 15.4 stock.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
First run in the SSEi i ran a 14.708 @ 93.15 spinning like a bitch because i didn't know how to launch the car and they're even worse than the GTP's. I had never been to the track before so i read the wrong side of the slip and was excited because i thought i ran a 13.8 @ 100 but that was actually Tommygloves time.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I ran a blazing 15.1 with a 2.6 60' my very first run. :rofl: I said fuck that and added slicks. Second run 14.0. Third 13.9. Forth 13.9. Then we started brackets.

you had a green one right, i was there thats when i ran a [email protected] with just a 3.4 in my GTP. we had a convoy with you me and your brothers supra

Believe it or not I was there for that one as well. His bros supra ran 10.1 and the announcer guy was talking about how he smoked that viper and how it was DRIVEN to the track.

Last edited:

GraFFix

A 302 and a little boost
Jan 3, 2008
NW Chicago
wow...yea that was me. lol

Still got the GTP its just sitting outside with a bad fuel pump. Still runs like a champ with 140k on it.

*edit*

Was that the viper track day? The troopers almost closed down 94 cause all the vipers where racing each other on the way to union grove? I remember they had all these vipers pulled over and here comes a few GP's and they just let us all through...cause you know those family sedans couldnt be racing down 94. :hsugh:

Last edited:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
wow...yea that was me. lol

Still got the GTP its just sitting outside with a bad fuel pump. Still runs like a champ with 140k on it.

*edit*

Was that the viper track day? The troopers almost closed down 94 cause all the vipers where racing each other on the way to union grove? I remember they had all these vipers pulled over and here comes a few GP's and they just let us all through...cause you know those family sedans couldnt be racing down 94. :hsugh:

The one I went to was an old CGPC track day at Byron.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
16.4 w/o spray
next time at track:
15.7 ran stock tires and roasted them stright through first then didn't waste the spray b/c I F'ed up the launch
15.1 same as above
14.7 starting to figure out launching with juice
14.5 last run of the day against shanks amg.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info