In This Thread - We will laugh at the Nissan GT-R

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Chevrolet isn't going to honor your warranty if you slap on a bunch of mods, a bad tune and throw a rod through the block, either.

I haven't heard of any warranty bullshit story's in regards to the ZR1. Seems every other week I read about a guy bitching about GTR problems. Its amazing that such a super car has a 100,000 mile Warranty.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/127250-accident-dont-do-what-i-did.html

Cliffs: bumped into tho the white vans tow bar causing small crack in bumper... set off the Pedestrain Saftey system, where the bonnet pops up Which is a one use system You need to replace the bumper, rams, bonnet hinges and of course the EC, final cost 11,000 Pounds, so like $17500 american.

i dont understand this safety feature. does the hood pop up to throw the hit pedestrian off the car? they could've designed the hinges, bumper, and rams to work with this system without destroying them. seems like a very stupid design flaw.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
i wont be captain save-a-ho in this thread...but the "warranty failures" are directly related to guys modding their cars....stock failures are FAR less than what forums piss and moan about.

trust me, i'm on gtr boards waay too much :rofl:

utryd2

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 3, 2009
North Aurora
Guy who comes in had his warranty denied on his c6z when the engine grenaded due to the shitty "dry-sump". Denied because he had a big brake kit.

Thats odd since they come with big brake kit from the factory. 6 piston fronts and 3 rear. All stealerships will try to deny a claim before paying out on stuff like this.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Chevrolet isn't going to honor your warranty if you slap on a bunch of mods, a bad tune and throw a rod through the block, either.

You'd be surprised. My friend's dad had a 02 Z06 and blew the engine. He open tracked the car at Gingerman probably 50+ times before it blew up. Chevy paid for a new LS6 when it was found that there was a defect, even though the car had some minor mods and had been raced.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info