Summer tires for my stock 20's

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Since I have a snow tire setup for the truck now, there is no reason to use an all season tire to drive in warm weather. Drag radials are out of the question, i have to drive in the rain and would like to do so safely. Im looking at two different tires now, and if there are any more suggestions please feel free to bring them up.

Summer tires only, no wider than 275, no more narrow than 255, and within .5" diameter of 30.1" Price is not an issue, I can get a deal on anything.

1. Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 275-45-20
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...SD34X4XL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes
gy_eagle_f1_gsd3_ci2_l.jpg

2. BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 265-50-20
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...FTAKDWXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes
bfg_gforceta_kdw2_ci2_l.jpg

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
I luv my eagle f1s. Though I dont drive it alot, they are the best of the 3 sets of tires i have gone through in 34k. Very sticky and pretty good wear. Ill probably replace the rears again this fall with the same tire.

the eagle F1s hands down

:werd:

Eagle F1's, i loved them on the T/A

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
general's aren't very spectacular compared to the 2 options he listed. I've had G-Force's before and they were great and they may last longer but the F1 out performed them IMO.
Says who?

Generals are just rebadged conti's and get excellent reviews both here in the states and over seas. They also score very very high in many tests. General isn't the same company from 15+ years ago.

DTB_LS1

REAL RACECARS HAVE THREE PEDALS
Sep 18, 2009
Ottawa, IL
FWIW I've had both F1s and G-forces on my SS Camaro and both are great tires and performed well but the G-forces wore quite a bit better than the F1s. I only got about 20,000 out of the F1s and when I got rid of the G-forces they had about 17-18,000 on them and still looked brand new. Both sets were rotated religously, every other oil change. Btw the reason I got rid of the G-forces was because they were on my 18s and I sold them as a package.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info