IMG_0204.jpg

Ringing any bells yet?

TwinTurboSHO3.jpg

Are those twin snails?

IMG_0184.jpg

Oh shit son.

somedude

Nov 25, 2010
I am the creator of this unique conglomeration of parts.

saw this link in my bookmarks and I realized there had never been a update. like most projects it is running behind schedule. I really wanted to have it out last year but it would have been out without the turbo and the thought of driving a 220hp camaro that is only slightly faster than a stock V6 camaro with way worse drive ability didn't do anything for me so I decided to wait on it. Save up the money to do it right and do it once.

go fast stuff:

turbo is a precision 67/65 billet (Vband)
44mm tial wastegate (Vband)
tial BOV (vband)
still deciding what to do for charge cooling. air to air or air to water. kind of thinking air to water would be better for drags

engine stuff
8.5:1 pistons (top and side coated)
+1mm valves
I think I will end up using stock cams
extrude hone intake
big bore butterflies
69mm throttle body
ported heads
obviously custom turbo manifolds

transmission stuff
built TH400 W/brake
custom 5500 stall converter
need to order a dana 60 with a spool (don't know what gears)
need to order a drive shaft once I know the length

suspension stuff

BMR turbo K member
BMR front upper and lower control arms
rear suspension is still stock at the moment I don't know what i'm doing with it yet.

a few things did change on the setup once we started measuring things. Firstly I went with a single turbo due to space problems and the fact I didn't want a turbo 3/4" from my brake master cylinder, and I really didn't want to go with manual brakes to gain the clearance i wanted. with a single turbo in front of the engine there is tons of space. going to run 25+psi probably closer to 30psi and hopefully I don't ventilate the engine block. When I posted this project localy there was a LOT of hate, but you have to understand my goals. My goal is not to just build a fast camaro because that has been done a million times over. If I wanted that I would have thrown a LS7 and a blower in it and been done. I really wanted to see how far I could push the SHO engine in a chassie that is designed to handle power properly with a transmission that will not blow up 6 times like my turbo automatic SHO did. I have three goals well 4 if you count being childish.

1. 600whp
2. run 10's in the 1/4
3. pull fronts
4. do doughnuts in victory of the first 3 goals being accomplished

I think pulling fronts will be really easy with this setup between the gears, traction, stall, and power it will be making. It also helps the just about the entire engine is behind the front wheels. At any rate the engine is at the machine shop and I should have it back in a week or two. I got the transmission back 3 weeks ago. the converter needs finish welded by the local shop building it and said mid next week. This will be out in the spring. I am still deciding on pump 93 or E85. I am pretty sure I will setup the fuel system for E85 just in case I need it to fight detonation.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info