HID lights

Tuner World

The tech kid!!
Mar 8, 2009
Hoffman Estates
yeah i did the same on my cobra. my high beam light doesnt come on tho. i wonder is because they take more power so it indicates maybe idk. how do u like 8k

When did you get an HID kit for your headlights?

On Trans am, is there one bulb that controls both high and low beams or are there 2 separate bulbs for them? It could be something with that if you just got a regular kit instead of a Bi-xenon..

modern-muscle

Regular
Nov 18, 2008
HIDs actually use less power, they draw more amps at startup but when the car is running and the lights are on they draw a lot less current and power. Maybe this will help you guys out, when my GTO has a blown fuse the high beams will be on but very dim, just enough to notice and make you question it, it was in Holdens design for this to happen. Its a nice feature since im not telepathic and only notice when something is going wrong about 3 months after it has happened, maybe the same thing with your cars?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Only lows. Didn't like the idea of HID lows and Halogen highs... :dunno:

If you got the low/high kit for the 97-03 GPs, the single bulb would do both since thats all that is in the stock housing. Unless you get the aftermarket projectors.

I have HID lows and highs, but the highs seem to burn out very quickly when I use them. I havent checked the bulbs or ballasts.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Yea I guess I rarely use them. They're bright as fuck. My lows always seem to get worse and worse. I clean them everytime I get gas but they need a polishing again. The weather is killing them. My fogs are projector housings but they need to be aimed. They're like straight down :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info