Proposed law would get rid of front plates:

SHOmuff

Doing the damn thing.
Oct 22, 2007
Wheaton
Mike Rutkowski likes this :bigthumb:

SPRINGFIELD — Drivers in Illinois would be required to have only one license plate on their vehicle under legislation pending in the Illinois House.

The proposed law would require drivers to have one license plate in the rear of their vehicle, changing the current law that requires license plates in both the front and back of a registered vehicle.

State Rep. Jerry Mitchell, R-Sterling, said he is sponsoring the measure because it would save the state $1 million a year.

“Every little bit helps,” he said.

Both the Illinois State Police and the Secretary of State’s office, which oversees license plate assignments and distribution, are opposed to the proposed law.

http://www.qctimes.com/news/state-a...cle_6c57a5f6-0703-11df-8a7a-001cc4c002e0.html

Riski

Suck my balls!
Jun 23, 2009
North Aurora
Nicey nice......great way to start the year off.....See what happens when the brother leaves the state.....
obama_epic_fail.jpg

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
WTF, I drilled into my virgin bumper so I wouldnt get hassled about the front plate shit any more.

Im really surprised it doesnt save more money than that though. This doesnt seem like its going to pass to me though. Its going to be an issue of officer saftey BS, and $1mil isnt worth their saftey etc.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I doubt this will pass. Too much bullshit and money already put into stoplight cameras, the cameras on the CHP squad cars that run plates, and just police being able to read a plate from the front of a car when moving the opposite direction. Besides, isn't it illegal to put license plate covers over the plates in this retarded state? I personally don't care and I'd leave my front plate on anyway because I already have the damn holes.

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
Its going to be an issue of officer saftey BS, and $1mil isnt worth their saftey etc.

Bullshit... it's the cops that run LIDAR that are going to fight this... They use the front plate as a target because their aim sucks.

I'd like to say that "what the people want, is what the people get" and I am already getting ready for a similar support of this bill like I did with HB3325 (tint).

Facebook page is there but sitting unpublished waiting for the bill to come out of the Rules Committee...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info