Beater Cars

Ok, so here's the "situation" :drums:
My buddy who got in the accidents civic is totaled. He has a lot to pay off on it and I don't think the check will cover it so his dad agreed to buy his a beater. Only problem is that his dad wants him to get a sunfire, which I don't want to see him driving not only cause they're chick cars, but money pits. Not only that but he's going to come to me every time it has a problem which will probably be often :fu:.
So basically, I want you guys to recommend me some beater cars, just throw out names I can suggest to him so he doesn't get stuck with a damn sunfire. I've already said beater civic, gtp, cutlass, thunderbird sc, etc, but for some reason the sunfire is so damn ******** to him. Let's try to keep the price say under $4k. Like I said, just throw out some names, cause I want to bring him a big list.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
but my 2 cents, fwiw - Beggars can't be choosers...

exactly

dude, kat has had a cavi , an 01 with 130k on it and no problems, so I think its more that he just doesnt want to look like a girl driving that around, dont blame him, but it sounds like its that or no car

im surprised you havent mentioned to him a gp or gs? easily found under 4k for a decent car these days!

exactly

dude, kat has had a cavi , an 01 with 130k on it and no problems, so I think its more that he just doesnt want to look like a girl driving that around, dont blame him, but it sounds like its that or no car

im surprised you havent mentioned to him a gp or gs? easily found under 4k for a decent car these days!

nah man, he actually seemed excited about it. I know some won't have problems if you treat them right, but the way he drives, it will for sure. And he will be coming to me constantly asking what is wrong. The first car I actually suggested to him, was my car. Told him I'd sell it for 2500 straight up to him, just needs a little suspension work, but he ended up backing down cause "he doesn't like grand prix's". I think one of the first ones I said was a GS too, but he thinks that they're "old man cars"

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
nah man, he actually seemed excited about it. I know some won't have problems if you treat them right, but the way he drives, it will for sure. And he will be coming to me constantly asking what is wrong. The first car I actually suggested to him, was my car. Told him I'd sell it for 2500 straight up to him, just needs a little suspension work, but he ended up backing down cause "he doesn't like grand prix's". I think one of the first ones I said was a GS too, but he thinks that they're "old man cars"

lol, figures the kid wouldnt go for a gs let alone a GT or GTP, hilarious :bowrofl:

when he gets his new car just keep laughing at him whenever he has to drive somewhere with you and your friends in the car :s00ls:

lol, I talked to him today about it, and he's telling me that his dad had it checked out, and the mechanic said it's good. He doesn't really want a sunfire, but his dad is getting it for him so he doesn't want to object. It just baffled me that I'm giving him good options like what Bru listed, and he's saying meh, and sounds happier about owning a sunfire. Whatever, I gave him his advice, so we'll see how it plays out.

Theautoguy

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2007
Machesney Park, IL
It seems it may be too late but I will have my brothers 94' GP for sale in a few days. One owner, garage kept, analy maintained...its black with a tan interior, every option including the factory Bose CD/cassette and HUD. Here's the important part...it doesn't have a 3100! We got tired of doing head gaskets on it so I worked with a buddy's shop and swapped in a low-mile 3400 out of an 02 or 03 Alero! (Yes, they are almost perfectly interchangable!) It was no hack-job, it still looks factory under the hood, no wire splicing or metal cutting. On top of that, there is a new battery, radiator, alternator and a few things I don't remember.

We are looking to get around $3500 out of it which is not bad considering it has the good looks of the 94-96 Grand Prix combined with every option (they all still work) and an updated, larger motor! Further, its a true one owner, adult driven car...it really is in great shape.

...but hey, Sunfire's are cool...you should get him a rainbow sticker for it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info