Remote starter...

A buddy of mine did a remote start a little over 2months ago on a 07 Jeep wrangler Rubicon. Heard that the remote starter works fine, but a couple days ago the car will randomly shutoff while driving... I really can't think of any reason this is related to the remote start.. If there was a problem with it, I'd assume it should of happened within a day or tops a week.

Anything that could be related to the DEI starter or no?

I'm thinkin corroded camshaft sensor?

I'm jus thinkin as soon as the brake is pushed the bypass turns off, so I doubt it's the starter.. I just dislike how that's always quick to blame...

Also heard the customer say that one time all the doors were shut but the car was dinging like a door was open....

Thanks guys!

I actually posted this on yahoo... got a pretty decent answer...

So mods can leave up or delete...

here's the answer i got...

"In most cases, the remote starter spices into the ignition wires without actually cutting the wires or opening any of the factory circuits, so, no, I doubt it is the remote starter that is causing the stalling.
Also, it's not the starter.
Since this is an intermittent concern, it may be difficult to pinpoint the cause. In any event, it will have to be determined if it's a fuel or ignition problem."

12voltsho

Jun 1, 2009
Well unfortunately i hate to break it to you but it maay be the remote start.

There are 2 ways to do a remote start on your vehicle one is a can module the other is a hard wire which is the risky way.

You see this car starts based on the computer see a condition at the key cylinder.
There is what is called a mux communication module. Where there is ignition primary start wire and obviously 12volt constant. There are 2 special wires. One wire is the data key wire which is a multiplexed wire which communicates to the computer a valid igntion key is inserted. The other wires is a mux wire which cares the confirmation of ignition and primary start if the mux module at the key cylinder sees all these conditions the mux wire sends a signal to trigger the 2nd ancessory and 2nd start and the vehicle starts up. IF you use a proper can module www.idatalink.com you will not have any issues its a computer talking to a computer where as if you rig a relay system like you can using resisitors you can cause huge issues with your vehicle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list