Motorcycle school

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
Hey don't know if I've really said it in any other post but I'm fairly new to riding and was thinking instead of just practicing in a parking lot to take the test for the m license, rather actually go to a school. So I came across this place in west chicago http://www.illinoiscouncilofsafety.org/index.html . Has anyone here gone or know some one that has gone there? I'm pretty sure everyone here would highly recomend atleast going to one since the person/I would learn more there then just from other people and riding.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
See i've thaught of just taking the test but figured it wouldn't hurt any to do the school. I can already pull the u turn in the required distance on my stretched ass bike and my buddy that I bought it from actually passed the test on this bike when he had it. So my thought is if he can do it why can't I? Well see what happens will also hve to see when the dmv's will start doing the riding portion for the m license.
I mainly just wanna get my license asap so I can ride(legally).

LIGHTNING MIKE

Jun 15, 2009
He asked for "input" so that comment was my input.Its true,the majority of the classes have women.

They have you learn on a 250cc motorcycle,its not rocket science to learn.I gave him a easy option.Many people dont know, you can take the class m driving test on a scooter.

Also you wont gain much skill from a 2 day course,getting your permit 1st and getting real riding time on the street is the best way to really earn that class m license.It was just my input,hes a big boy and can figure whats best for him.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
My class had 2 women, which translates to mostly men... Do you have a real source for your mostly women statistic? Have you attended the courses as a student or instructor?

And from the men I have talked to they have benefited from the MSF course so I believe that translates into it is good for men as well. Especially when coupled with the insurance benefit.

And for the record I did not quote and therefore question your recommendation of using a scooter, because yes that was good advice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info