Got some work done to the Slowbra

G

Grabber

Well, after some recent problems, I took the Slowbra to CRE.

Found out my Clutch was completely fried, and the throw-out bearing was dry.

The Diff. Cover was still leaking, so I bought a Forged Diff cover, which is good for about 700+ HP.

The new clutch I got is a Spec 2+ with a Billet Aluminum flywheel.

The car should be a whole new beast with the new flywheel and especially a clutch that grabs for once.

The problem was the car would have trouble engaging into 2nd and 4th gear, and sometimes 1st and 3rd. So, the pressure plate is supposed to have a perfect round circle, it had grooves. Which, kinda shows the wear and tear of it.

Once I get the car, I will take pics of the old clutch so you can see what it looked like. Glad everything is going to be fixed.

-Chris

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Yeah, the little fingers can get bent up and cause problems with shifting. If the new clutch doesn't help the shifting, you may have messed up the synchros in the trans (powershifting will do this).

Why didn't you do the clutch yourself? It's actually not that bad of a job, probably 4-5 hours with jack stands under the car.

G

Grabber

Shit should rape s/c m3s now by bus lengths :io:

Hellz yeah!

Even if they only make 15 more RWHP than my car! ROFL

As far as doing the clutch myself, I don't have enough space in my garage to have one car parked in the middle on jack stands, and enough skill to safely drop the trans properly. I've never done it, so I will leave it to someone that can do it, and if something breaks caused by them, it's covered.

Can't wait to see what it feels like. I am sure the car will be slow, as the Cobra cannot even beat stock geo prizms, but, at least it looks cool I guess.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info