LT headers, help me TCG

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
Well I've been looking into Longtubes for the GT for a while now and all it's making me do is :fu:

MAC is about the only reputable brand that makes them for a GT with an auto trans, and the flanges/bolt up points are at different lengths so it also looks like I'd need to swap out my bassani band-clamp mid pipe for the MAC matched H-pipe.

If I do that though, my cat-back is band-clamped to the bassani mid-pipe. And the MAC pipe that would be replacing it has flanges to the cat-back so I would have to either change the cat-back or have a shop cut and weld on some flanges.

Anyone have any alternatives? I'm almost looking to just get shorty headers because the bassani mid-pipe is already 2.5in. going up to the manifolds, but they shorty's are only 50$ cheaper than the LT's and I don't know if they will net the same gains.

:ford:

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
The old style SLP headers going on the auto camaro were terrible. Had to drop the motor a few inches to fit the fuckers in there. I'd imagine teh Mustang being worse, looks more cramped.

hmmmm not sure how much harder it is to install on an auto f-body, but my pacesetter LT's weren't to bad on the T/A. and i did it in the driveway with just a jack and jack stands

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I'm almost looking to just get shorty headers because the bassani mid-pipe is already 2.5in. going up to the manifolds, but they shorty's are only 50$ cheaper than the LT's and I don't know if they will net the same gains.

I'll look for the thread about it, but I thought I read that the gain from shorties is not worth the time of swapping out headers. It was either LT's or stock headers. I'll look to see if I can find the thread.

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
All you have to do is unbolt your air box/ battery etc. Misc shit up top, you drop your k-frame and sag your trans mount and bam they slide in like butta. Of course i'm doing this all on a lift. It's not an easy job took me by surprise the first time I did them. I put MAC LT's on 2 m00tangs now.

Hmm, up for a 3rd sometime down the road? :hs:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info