German cars guy enter here, looking for my new DD

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
cars guys enter here, looking for my new DD

I've been shopping for a new DD recently as the cutlass is well, 14 years old and yea...

I still have a crush on Audi B5 S4's (2.7 biturbo)

I've found 2 good ones nearby:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...kId=20049&rpp=50&feedSegId=28705&aff=national

1A033259.jpg

1A033259.18.jpg

110k miles
1 owner and all service records including major maintenance items recently
looks to be in great condition

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...kId=20049&rpp=50&feedSegId=28705&aff=national

070581.jpg

070581.09.jpg

76k miles
2001.5 model
not many records
interior looks beat
black... +/-...

Yes, they are both autos and im fine with that. it's a DD.

Which one would you take? I think I may be leaning towards the higher mileage one...

Last edited:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Silver one.

I like the S4 but between costs of repair and their supposed problems I didn't really look/drive any. I'd say as long as you know the common issues before buying and you're ok with it then go for it. It's alot less dissapointing if you know a repair is inevitable.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Silver one.

I like the S4 but between costs of repair and their supposed problems I didn't really look/drive any. I'd say as long as you know the common issues before buying and you're ok with it then go for it. It's alot less dissapointing if you know a repair is inevitable.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
^x2

i'd say neither, but if its just those 2, get the silver one, interior seems to be in better condition, probably alot of highway miles and most service records on that kinda car is great

I really like the one-owner car with all the service records from the dealership it's at and thoe 2/3 main maintence repairs already done. Why would you say neither? What would you suggest?

Silver one.

I'm pretty familiar with the major common issues. My brother had an 02 S4 and was aware of the issues. He sold his b/c his turbos we're shot and that's because he was chipped and ran his like a red-headed step-child...

The turbo's do kinda worry me, but if they do go, It'll be a good chance to upgrade :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info