I'm lazy, help me find some mufflers for the G8

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Dude, pull the mustank out for one of the nicer days and put the G8 in the garage for 1hr while you work on the G8. You have a jack and basic tools, right? Shouldn't be a big deal.

Or, you could always bring it up to my place and we could whack it out quick like. :dunno:

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Dude, pull the mustank out for one of the nicer days and put the G8 in the garage for 1hr while you work on the G8. You have a jack and basic tools, right? Shouldn't be a big deal.

Or, you could always bring it up to my place and we could whack it out quick like. :dunno:

I do have a nice jack AND stands now. Jim picked up one of those inexpensive jacks from Costco. It would give me a reason to break it in.

Nice day!?!? I don't know when we'll get one of those. But I suppose that will work. I thought I read something bad about the washer mod and it doing something weird to the gaskets. Basically it the whole washer mod is creating a small exhaust leak after the cat from what I remember.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
ummmmmmmmm... you dont need a jack... unless you have some sort of handicap or your sools size

I have the washer mod and ppl like it including myself. Not saying I wouldnt want some sort of aftermarket setup but for now its fine with me. I dont smell anything inside and I drive alot. Honestly I like the sound of Kooks or Pypes axlebacks. The Corsa DB mufflers sound good IMO.

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Oh and it does drone especially with AFM on. I have AFM turned off so its not too bad. Plus it really doesnt bother me anyway. I just layed on my back behind the rear tires only neck deep under. Its cake! So easy a caveman could do it!

I guess I'm so used to jacking up the mustang for anything exhaust related, I assumed the G8 had to be jacked as well. Did you go with just the single washer?

blakbearddelite

TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Do not mod the G8, put the money into the mustang!!!

How about both?

I just got a $1k check for some escrow I had on my old mortgage. I want to get a cat-back for the Mustang and then some new muffflers for the G8 if I don't care for the sound I get from the washer mod.

I know that doesn't total $1k, I don't want to spend the whole thing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info