Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
just as the title says...shit is mad expensive but ive heard nothing but excellent things about them...i dont want to hear recommendations on other tires. i just want to hear from those w/ experience on them. my current tires suck donkey nuts in the snow and its amazing i made it thru last winter. w/ a ton of snow on the way, its probably time i got some winter tires. i figure if i spend the money on blizzaks, i can use them for a few winters so ill at least get my moneys worth eventually. i could get some cheaper alternatives, but i dont care to. so post up bitches. please and thank you.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I have the WS60s and have to try pretty damn hard for them to lose grip in a corner. Today I got to use them before the plows came through and was reminded how awesome they really are. On dry roads they're pretty noisy, though.

This is coming from all-season tires two winters ago. I had the WS60s all last winter. I don't have any non-Blizzak winter tire experience to compare them to.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
should stick a santa hat on horatio

done

horatio.jpg

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Blizzaks are great in the snow. I felt very comfortable driving the Mustang for 2 winters on those tires. The car felt very predictable, I was getting better traction, and navigating through the snow better than most other cars. Worth the investment if you are going to be driving your car in the snow.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I'm very much looking forward to trying mine once the snow hits tomorrow/Wed!

Road noise is a bit outta control on dry roads, as Joe pointed out.

Hoping they hold up to all the hype! KJ claims GTPs wearing these tires can outrun 7000lb 4WD trucks... :s00ls:

if that truck was on snow tires then maybe... but just some all terrains or mud terrains or normal radials.

bring it.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I just bought my first set of snow tires, ever, this past week. Havent had a chance to try them out yet, but I have no doubt they are going to be worlds better than RSAs.

I figured Id rather spend the extra money to have a set of tires that is GREAT in the snow, and another that is GREAT in the summer, than one set of all seasons that do both jobs just OK.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I just bought my first set of snow tires, ever, this past week. Havent had a chance to try them out yet, but I have no doubt they are going to be worlds better than RSAs.

I figured Id rather spend the extra money to have a set of tires that is GREAT in the snow, and another that is GREAT in the summer, than one set of all seasons that do both jobs just OK.

:werd:

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora

my 17" RSA's were horrible in the snow, I think that's why I am content with my Pzero's in the snow.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info