Cobras are slow...

G

Grabber

From what I have read from the Forum I stole this from, the M3 is an E46 with an 80+ MM Turbo, running 20+ PSI, the Porsche has two 57's I believe, and the Cobra is running a Whipple 2.3 on 21 PSI. Cobra is making about 660 RWHP, maybe more. Just depends on his supporting mods, etc.

All sick cars.

highpsi

Regular
Jun 24, 2008
Personally, a well driven whipple Cobra running 18-20PSI (or making 600rwhp) will trap 133+, with good driving. Some have trapped 136+ making 640-650 RWHP. If you run more boost, more trap speed. Not bad for a 3600+ car.
Corrected your post.

One night in 2008 I mixed it up with almost exactly the same cars here locally (TT911 w/X50 package and Promotive K24/18G Hybrid and an HBF Turbo E46), with virtually the same results, although the race played out differently. The TT911 was packing 2 permanently mounted cameras and got footage, but when he was asked about the footage from a mutual friend of ours he claimed the footage didn't come out good and never posted it although he posted a bunch of his races against the Turbo M3. :rofl:

Although the races didn't play out exactly the same way (and I'll concede the BMW never got a good start against me), the results were the same. Twin-screw Cobra FTW!

G

Grabber

Well, that can be argued. I've seen higher numbers on Cobras with TS blowers, making 19-20 PSI.

Also, are we not including Drivers weight when two cars are racing, or they are going down a 1/4 mile?

My Cobra with me is 3820, so, I added an average driver weight of 200lbs(little on the high side, as some people will argue) Unlike BMW that automatically assumes every driver will weigh 150lbs :)

highpsi

Regular
Jun 24, 2008
Not sure why everything with you is an argument, even when I basically confirm what you posted, but maybe my post was vague or ambiguous and I certainly should have put a little smiley or other tipoff after the first sentence.

I wasn't arguing or disputing, and I guess I could have posted it better, but I'm just giving you my own and friend's cars real numbers (cars that I KNOW what mods have been done to them). Yes I agree I've seen higher numbers, various boost, different dynos etc. (which I think was beat to death in another thread). And I wasn't splitting hairs about how heavy the drivers were, the DA, etc. since those are all variables too.

Maybe I just should have said, here's some #'s as I've seen and experienced them locally and left it at that.

G

Grabber

Not sure why everything with you is an argument, even when I basically confirm what you posted, but maybe my post was vague or ambiguous and I certainly should have put a little smiley or other tipoff after the first sentence.

I wasn't arguing or disputing, and I guess I could have posted it better, but I'm just giving you my own and friend's cars real numbers (cars that I KNOW what mods have been done to them). Yes I agree I've seen higher numbers, various boost, different dynos etc. (which I think was beat to death in another thread). And I wasn't splitting hairs about how heavy the drivers were, the DA, etc. since those are all variables too.

Maybe I just should have said, here's some #'s as I've seen and experienced them locally and left it at that.

I'm not trying to Argue. I was just replying and simply stating that 600 is on the low side of TS cobras. That's al. I am used to everyone on this site arguing with me because their bench/paper racing is more relevant to my track/street racing experience.

There are a lot of bad ass ts cobras. I one day hope for one. Although, I have been considering an 04-05 E55 amg, due yo the luxo factor and the crazy power they make with a few mods. Even though my cobra as it sits is just as fast as one, my cobra is made and used for one thing. Racing. Just sharing a thought. I still love american v8s compared to German/European v8s. Seeing as with American v8's you feel tq, hp keeps you going. That is not the case with other motors. Which is why I Also ask people, "do you get planted in the seat causing a good amount of discomfort in your high hp low tq car?" of course I have been told "my seats offer superior lumber support." mine do too, however, the 8 people that have driven in my car, get a lot of discomfort from the tq when I go WOT. My gfs high hp low tq car feels nowhere near as powerful, and nowhere near the discomfort of a WOT run.

Sorry for the rant, lol. As you said, TS Cobras FTW!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info