My car reaks of gas when running...

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
is it worse out of the tailpipe or under hood?

Werd, could just be from the open loop running in these temps

Never thought of that, and I have had a SES light that pops on and off about an 02 having a "slow/delayed response." So that could be cuasing it to run super rich? And my gas milage is terrible... worse than my mustang.

Prolly leaking gas from the ford emblem on the back..

Its my slutlass. :GM:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
well it got worse today and after I got to my destination, i opened the hood and saw plenty of gas. It was all around the I believe fuel pressure regulator (round thing at the end of the fuel rail...)

How would gas be coming out of this?...
3100?

there's an oring at it's entry (rail to regulator) and two under it (return line)

my guess is it's on the pressure side if it's that bad

S

Scott5

In the meantime, don't drive it. You're darned lucky the car didn't catch fire. Good idea to carry a fire extinguisher in the car for this reason. I had a car burn up on me and so I learned the hard way. Don't let this happen to you. An automotive fire extinguisher at Advance Auto Parts or Auto Zone is only about $25 - $30 and it can save a car worth thousands.

S

Scott5

replaced the fuel regulator last night, had the fire extinguisher near-by.

easy replacement, but I lost one of my t30 torx bits in the engine bay somewhere... I think there's lots of stuff lost in that engine bay area...

Well, I mean keep the fire extinguisher in the car with you at all times. I didn't and lost a car to a fire. It happens. You' be amazed how fast an under hood fire spreads. Lesson learned.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info