so is this actually an m5... or is it a... what?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I don't fully understand cuz it says 530 at the top... then m5 package...

what is it?

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/1484003596.html

Air Conditioning, Climate Control, Dual Zone Climate Control, Cruise Control, Tinted Windows, Power Steering, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Power Mirrors, Leather Steering Wheel, Power Drivers Seat, Power Passenger Seat, Memory Seat Position, Heated Seat, Wood Trim, Clock, Tachometer, Digital Info Center, Homelink System, Tilt Steering Wheel, Telescoping Steering Wheel, Steering Wheel Radio Controls, Moonroof, Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag, Side Airbags, Keyless Entry, Security System, ABS Brakes, Traction Control, Dynamic Stability, Rear Defogger, Fog Lights, Intermittent Wipers, AM-FM, CD Player, Anti-Theft, Factory Premium Sound System, Wheels, Leather Interior Surface, SPORT PACKAGE, COLD WEATHER PACKAGE, PREMIUM PACKAGE, HEATED SEATS, POWER SEATS, LUMBAR SUPPORT, BMW ASSIST with , DARK POPLAR WOOD TRIM, MOONROOF, STEPTRONIC AUTO TRANS., Sport Seats, Xenon, Cup Holders, Heated Mirrors, Daytime Running Lights, Adaptive headlights . Gray Metallic Black -12-Way Power Front Sport Seats-Includes power adjustable thigh support.-Sport Suspension Calibration-Active Roll Stabilization-Satin Door Trim-Integrated 3-Button Universal Garage Door Opener-Auto-Dimming Exterior Rear view Mirrors-Auto-Dimming Interior -Ambient Light Package Glass Moonroof Power Fr Seats Navigation System M5 package 19 RIMS 77.xxx mil call 16303626917

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3m73oa3l55O45Tc5Pc9brec075079b0011cc2.jpg
3kb3m23o25O65Qc5R09brc71313819ed91903.jpg
3n03ke3lf5Qa5Rc5Sb9br7801b98587031d80.jpg
3n73o33la5Q75Tc5S09br4b9844c4113f1eba.jpg

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
I dont believe that is an M steering wheel either.

I got a customer that brings his 2010 750 in and at first told me it was the first Alpina B7 to enter the country and that he just took off the badging and switched wheels....liar. It says twin-turbo right on the engine cover and I think the B7 is going to be a Bi-turbo. Ground effects arnt right either. Badass car still, but why lie to me? Arrogant prick.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008

I got a customer that brings his 2010 750 in and at first told me it was the first Alpina B7 to enter the country and that he just took off the badging and switched wheels....liar. It says twin-turbo right on the engine cover and I think the B7 is going to be a Bi-turbo. Ground effects arnt right either. Badass car still, but why lie to me? Arrogant prick.

Reminds me of a guy I met when I was like 18. He told me he had an m7 and that they make them for Germany but not here so he had it special ordered.

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV

I saw a B7 at work a during the summer. At the time I didn't even know they made B7s. This was the older model though. 2007ish

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
b7 is not bmw oem. b7 is alpina. very few alpinas in us... i usually think snuck through canada grey market? quite rare period, especially here. they take cars directly from bmw and turbo them mostly. have some cool turbo meters in the dashboard.

i was actually m5 shoppin' last night... looked at e34 and e39. former is kinda rarer and would be sexy... last hand built ones too. but i don't think i can finance something from 1991. may do e39 come spring... we'll see. :)

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
The previous gen Alpina B7 was available over here. The 2010 is overseas only but that doesn't mean it's impossible to import. IIRC, there haven't been any plans announced to bring the new 500-hp twin-tubo B7 over here.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Does the smg drive funny like the dual clutch systems?

Not sure, never actually driven either. I do believe that the SMG has the "lurch" as they call it on the m3 forums. That's where you start from a dead stop and the car kinda jumps forward, similar to somebody that's new to a manual transmission. They had problems with the SMG in the M5, too much power and too heavy of a car, I guess it overheats a lot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info