CAUTION! to all considering Amsoil products

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
Dunno if its credible but Google says:

http://www.oilsandlube.com/amsoil_api_licensing.htm

Q. Why aren't all AMSOIL motor oils API licensed

A. Good question. AMSOIL staffers have recently read some message boards with misinformation regarding this issue. Let us address API licensing in depth, as well as the issue of warranties. Some AMSOIL motor oils are API licensed, some are not. If you're concerned about your warranty and feel pressures to use an API licensed oil, even after reading this answer, then the 5W-30 (XLF) or 10W-30 (XLT) XL-7500 or our 15W-40 (PCO) API licensed oils should be your choice. If you are looking for an alternative to frequent oil changes or just want the best performing oil for your car, then one of our top tier non-API licensed synthetic oils are for you. Read on, and decide for yourself.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
The shit is a damn pyramid scheme. If you do a search on Amsoil scams, you will find that there are many discussions on forums like this trying to determine if their oil is any good.

My whole look on this is that they probably offer a half way decent product, but I am not so sure it is anything special. It is almost like they are the Cutco of motor oils. Anybody can be a dealer and Shady peddles this shit like no tomorrow........

ShadyNinja

ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞ*nɟ &#
Oct 22, 2009
Deadwood
I'm leaving for work right now , I will post cliff notes.
the XL line of oils( the 6 month 7500 mile ) are API Ceritfied
xlm_qt_300pxh.jpg

xlf.aspx

the "better" oils are not , they chose to non to do so for a couple of reasons,
lets say they decided to change it and make it a little better, well gotta go thru the whole process , again,

also if they did the api cert some of the trade secrets could be revealed

and the president of amsoil would spend the $$ that could be used for testing to make the products better,

Greasy , What is wrong with me making a living?
I started out as a customer, liked the products so much, I became a dealer.

ShadyNinja

ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞ*nɟ &#
Oct 22, 2009
Deadwood

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Greasy , What is wrong with me making a living?
I started out as a customer, liked the products so much, I became a dealer.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with you trying to make a living, in fact I encourage it! But what I have a problem with is you seem to force these products down everyone's throat with the number of threads you make about them. I feel this type of marketing/advertisement gives potential buyers an adverse reaction to your product.

If your product is really that good then educate your customers slowly. Let them love one product and watch them come back for more. When you spam this site with how good Amsoil products are, your pitch comes off cheap and gimmicky.

ShadyNinja

ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞ*nɟ &#
Oct 22, 2009
Deadwood
There is absolutely nothing wrong with you trying to make a living, in fact I encourage it! But what I have a problem with is you seem to force these products down everyone's throat with the number of threads you make about them. I feel this type of marketing/advertisement gives potential buyers an adverse reaction to your product.

If your product is really that good then educate your customers slowly. Let them love one product and watch them come back for more. When you spam this site with how good Amsoil products are, your pitch comes off cheap and gimmicky.

95% of those posts are in the "first place oils" section,
I thought that is what section is for...
the posts are there for people to read.

ShadyNinja

ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞ*nɟ &#
Oct 22, 2009
Deadwood
Yes I know, but the way many people read the boards is by clicking on "New Posts" in the navigation bar.

True story. That's how I view the site.

Well good news, The section is quite full right now , and I don't plan on any new threads for a while , so it should be fine now... unless some one starts creating multiple threads on the same subject:io:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Yea why the fuck are there so many for the same question?

I get why shadyninja would make a thread for each product because their seems to be alot of info.

I think amsoil has odd business practices but it's not like you can't get their products in stores. You don't have to go through this guy.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods

I also feel the same way. Seems every thread shady comes in and starts talking about amsoil, how it is the best, or how it will fix the problem. For example the thread where Nick was asking why his gas mileage was bad, shady comes in and recommends Amsoil fuel system treatment and a amsoil airfilter. Sounds like he just wants to sell his product to me, when bad gas mileage could be a number of things. The dude even sent me a PM because he saw some pics of my sleds and asked if I have seen the thread for amsoil snowmobile oils. THAT pissed me off, I mean that's like someone calling your phone trying to sell you something. You don't see me coming in every thread... you crashed your car?, or you need a hood painted? Come to my dads shop he is the best. Hell no, people can go anywhere they want and use whatever products on the car they want. No need togo around pushing sales/business on people. Im sure shady is a nice guy and amsoil is a good product but I seriously question if the products are better than everything else, and im really tired of seeing :amsoil::amsoil::amsoil::amsoil: everywhere. Not to mention this guy called amsoil on PAF Kevin because he was selling products in a way that violates some agreement. IDK the full story, but seems pretty fishy to my shady comes in this site and almost instantly kevin is forced not to sell amsoil products on TCG. Seems to be like he was scarred of a competitor.

I don't really like the business practices of this guy...

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
The shit is a damn pyramid scheme. If you do a search on Amsoil scams, you will find that there are many discussions on forums like this trying to determine if their oil is any good.

My whole look on this is that they probably offer a half way decent product, but I am not so sure it is anything special. It is almost like they are the Cutco of motor oils. Anybody can be a dealer and Shady peddles this shit like no tomorrow........

Do you even know what a pyramid scheme is? It's not like he's trying to get us all to become AMSOil dealers under him so he could make money off of all of us. That would be a pyramid scheme.

A pyramid scheme is a non-sustainable business model that involves the exchange of money primarily for enrolling other people into the scheme, often without any product or service being delivered.

It has been proven that AMSOil makes great oil time and time again. If you don't want to use it, that's your prerogative. No reason to bash it.

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
I stick with what the high end manfacturers run as factory fill.....Mobil One.

:picard:

You think they run Mobil 1 because it's "the best oil available"? They run it because of to contracts they have with Exxon Mobil.

Just like the Goodyear Eagle RS-A might be the most widely used OEM tire over the past 15 years, but it's a total piece of crap.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Not to mention this guy called amsoil on PAF Kevin because he was selling products in a way that violates some agreement. IDK the full story, but seems pretty fishy to my shady comes in this site and almost instantly kevin is forced not to sell amsoil products on TCG. Seems to be like he was scarred of a competitor.

I don't really like the business practices of this guy...

shut the hell up on discussions that dont concern you. you are not kevin. you are not shady. you do not know what went on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info