Atrocious gas mileage

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
So I've noticed a pretty decent decline in gas mileage, that seems consistent whether I drive like a granny or boy racer. I don't usually keep track of my mpg, and dont much trust the DIC, but I did run it pretty damn close to empty (filled up 15.1 gallons) and reset the trip computer. Did my usual commute which is mostly stop and go, but still has some decent cruising. Last year I was getting 230 miles to a tank on this very commute, which isnt all that great, and now I checked the trip computer to see 183 miles. Low Fuel was on for about 5 miles as well. W.T.F.

Obviously I have issues. I'm taking a list of things I should replace/clean etc.

-O2 Sensor, though its not that old, it can't hurt.
-Plugs, havent changed them in 30k, cant even remember the last ones I put in, I believe NGK's
-Replace K&N filter, looks like shit
-Clean MAF w/MAF cleaner

Anything else I'm missing?

FWIW my "mods" are
-stock pulley (press on 3.5 around here somewhere)
-paceshitters w/cat (leaky)
-intake
-EGR disabled (IIRC)

ShadyNinja

ǝɹoɯʎuɐ ʞ*nɟ &#
Oct 22, 2009
Deadwood

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
That's definitely off. Even with the turbo and aggressive driving I get 270 miles out of a tank and if there's highway mixed in with the, 300+ easily.

You're off somewhere. Do you get a lot of black smoke when you get on it? It sounds like you're running pig rich if mileage is that bad.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info