My GXP took a little beating today

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
My GXP took a little beating today, Almost done!

On my way to work this morning on a two lane rural road, a semi truck coming the other way went off the road a little bit and kicked up some gravel as we met. There was nothing I could do as I heard the gravel beating my car. The rock that hit the windshield make the loudest smack I have ever heard, it made me cringe for a second and by the time I realised what had really just happened it was way to late to chase this guy down. I would also be late for work.
As some of you know, I work in a collision shop so this afternoon I had the detailer wash my car so that I could write a prelimnary estimate. I bust out the laptop, rolling chair, and camera to begin writing. The right front corner took most of the damage, the roof and the quarter panel has some damage too.

I plan to take a ton of pic as I repair my car and post them. The damage to the car is not that bad overall but it has a ton of small chips.

Ok so here is the very basic run down.

repair and refinish
front bumper cover
hood
left fender
roof
quarter panel
left mirror

replace
right and left headlights
roof mouldings
badges
windshield
wiper arm

blend paint
right fender
trunk lid
left front door

plus remove and install everything
lots of stuff and to much to type lol
for a total of....................$4791.42

001.jpg

002.jpg

Last edited:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Ya, I understand the math in it. I just don't believe how expensive it gets.... its just a car. The collision business must really make some sick cash.

So hows that work on ur insurance? You make the claim, pay your deduct. and then get your rates hiked up for awhile for making a claim?

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I made the claim today and it is covered under comp, so that is like an act of God it is not my fault so my rates will not go up. I am a collision repair tech so I will fix my own car. The adjuster will call me monday to look at the car and he will say Go. I fix my car, my insurance pays the shop and I pay my deduct when the car is done.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info