Jaguar Dealers

shockerracing.com

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 9, 2006
Dundee, IL
Anyone have a good Jaguar dealer that they deal with. I am a used car dealer and we sold a friend of mine a 2004 Jaguar S-Type R and we promised him an additional key and fob. I do not have any contacts with Jaguar dealers and I have been calling around different dealers and they keep dicking me around. Everytime I talk to someone else they give me different prices and BS. Just wondering if anyone has any good contacts for Jaguar parts? Riski?

shockerracing.com

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 9, 2006
Dundee, IL
Just called AC Imports Jaguar and they will not cut the key that is on this remote and they say that the key will only the door but will not start the car until it is programmed. I do not see a chip in the key. These Jaguar dealers are the biggest Jag Offs! I really don't believe anything they say. When I asked why he won't cut the blank key he said "you wouldn't bring your own steak to a restaurant!"

shockerracing.com

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 9, 2006
Dundee, IL
Exactly, he won't cut it unless I buy it from him. I have called a few times and he seems to be the only guy that ever answers. He has a thick Italian sounding accent and he acts like the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld.

I had called Jaguar Elmhurst yesterday and they were dicking me around and giving me all sorts of different prices from what I had been quoted 2 weeks ago. I can't get any straight answers from 3 different Jaguar Dealers except that at all three with a dealer discount it will still cost $400+ to get a new key+remote and programming.

I have found them much cheaper online like Riski pointed out but I am afraid they won't work or the dealers won't accept them since they are all assholes.

andcbii

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2008
Exactly, he won't cut it unless I buy it from him. I have called a few times and he seems to be the only guy that ever answers. He has a thick Italian sounding accent and he acts like the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld.

I had called Jaguar Elmhurst yesterday and they were dicking me around and giving me all sorts of different prices from what I had been quoted 2 weeks ago. I can't get any straight answers from 3 different Jaguar Dealers except that at all three with a dealer discount it will still cost $400+ to get a new key+remote and programming.

I have found them much cheaper online like Riski pointed out but I am afraid they won't work or the dealers won't accept them since they are all assholes.

$400 for a key... that's nuts.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Just called AC Imports Jaguar and they will not cut the key that is on this remote and they say that the key will only the door but will not start the car until it is programmed. I do not see a chip in the key. These Jaguar dealers are the biggest Jag Offs! I really don't believe anything they say. When I asked why he won't cut the blank key he said "you wouldn't bring your own steak to a restaurant!"

no but i've brought my own fish to a restaurant before, cut my key motherfucker.

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
There might not be an actual chip. My cobalt key has some of "chip" in there that requires it to be programmed to work with my car. I know for a fact though that the crappy key I got doesn't have a microchip in it though.

Either way though, he said it won't work until it gets programmed. Once you find a place to cut it, can't you just do the on/ off switch thing to program it yourself?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info